Thread: Cheers from Bakersfield

Cheers from Bakersfield

Hi all, so excited to be here! My Anderson Journey started late 2020 when my late father ordered his first TAG, a Cobra in a beautiful green to blue surf. The guitar arrived earlier this August, 6 months after my father passed away. The team at TAG in coordination with Northwestern Guitars(our dealer), had a trick up their sleeves. The guitar arrived with a SN that would have been my fathers birthday this year! This in conjunction with a heartfelt letter to my family signed by the entire TAG team was a LOT to take in..

Sentiment aside, this Cobra is the most outstanding guitar I've put hands on in my 25 years of noodling. I find that I am always on the hunt for the next guitar, and after this epiphany, I started browsing TAG's anywhere they could be found for sale. While on this search that lasted over a month, I stumbled on an in distress L'il Raven in Shell Pink. This was the first guitar I'd looked at online out of hundreds that I had an urge to look at the SN.. As luck would have it, it's also shares my fathers birthday as a serial number! Different ending letters of course. Overcome by the serendipity of it all, I pulled the trigger on the Raven.

I can't decide which of the two I want to be buried with! Truly amazing instruments!

I do have a neck question; the neck on the Raven is a 62 Pete. I am very curious to learn the origins of this neck name and profile. Much thanks in advance for any help!

In summary, super excited to be here and learn what I can from ya'll. Cheers!

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    welcome,

years ago we made a handful of guitars for pete anderson. he had an early 60's tele that he loved, so this neck was patterned after that neck. it has the same amount of taper as our 60's vibe, but starts out smaller at the 1st fret, the same size as our even taper. it's just in the last year or so that it has gained in popularity again.

Very cool! Thanks Tom!

Welcome & thanks for sharing that cool personal story! Congrats on your new TAGs, too. They are imbued with world-class craftsmanship and inspiration, and they are always rewarding to play. They continue to deliver the goods EVERY time you pick them up!
    Bobcat - 01-11-22C
    Crowdster +2 - 12-18-07N
    Martin 000-18 Golden Era
    AER Compact 60
    DIY Pedal Board
    Friedman Custom Shop Runt-20 w/ Twin Sister Mod

Thank you for the welcome!
    Can anyone point me toward info on the cut switches and circuitry installed on my raven?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Thank you for the welcome!
    Can anyone point me toward info on the cut switches and circuitry installed on my raven?
    Hi Woody,

You can use this link to look up your serial number and get the switching configuration:
    https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/...-number-search

From there, you can research the details of that configuration using these links:
    https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/electronics
    https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/switching

You may also find some useful information here:
    https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/tech-tips

Regards,
    Carl

Thank you for the time you took to post those links for me Carl. I checked them out. Whatever black magic these switches are, is not explained anywhere on the TAG site that I could find.

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    cut switches are series/parallel connections of the pickups two coils. the up position is parallel, a lower impedance humcancelling, brighter sounding pickup. down is traditional series connection of the coils. fuller and hotter sounding.

Thanks Tom!