PDA

View Full Version : Cobra TM2

BFC
04-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Just for fun and I'm curious... Tom, have you ever had anyone order a TM2 or 3 in the bridge position of a Cobra? Something I've never seen before.

tom
04-20-2014, 02:53 PM
I made one for myself years ago. I ended up changing the neck from mahogany to maple and enjoyed it more. So it ended up being a short t.

BFC
04-20-2014, 03:42 PM
I like it.

brokenvail
04-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I made one for myself years ago. I ended up changing the neck from mahogany to maple and enjoyed it more. So it ended up being a short t.

Was the fretboard maple too?

tom
04-22-2014, 07:40 PM
yes it was. for whatever reason, for quite some time i have either had all maple necks or mahogany with rosewood. i guess i like the extremes they bring. i'm either going for the squish of the mahogany or going all the way to the clarity of the maple. right now i'm all maple with alder bodies, but since there's always so much to try here, that can change fairly quickly. this past year it has been that wood combo with pq or ph pickups.

brokenvail
04-23-2014, 09:06 AM
yes it was. for whatever reason, for quite some time i have either had all maple necks or mahogany with rosewood. i guess i like the extremes they bring. i'm either going for the squish of the mahogany or going all the way to the clarity of the maple. right now i'm all maple with alder bodies, but since there's always so much to try here, that can change fairly quickly. this past year it has been that wood combo with pq or ph pickups.
So this guitar in question was basically a cobra with tm2 in bridge and an all maple neck/board?:eek: Can I have it? :D There is something about an all maple neck/board that I just love over mixing woods for neck/fret board.

I played a Gibson once that had a mahogany neck with maple fretboard. Strange to see but I enjoyed it

tom
04-23-2014, 10:02 AM
i've actually done just about all the body wood, scale, pickup and neck wood combinations.
that cobra with a maple neck would be what we call a short drop t now.