PDA

View Full Version : New swedish member

sparris
03-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi ya'll!
I'm not new to TA ( i have two Classic's, one of them since 10 years) but new to this forum. Nice to be here, thanks Jack!

I wanna take this opportunety to ask a question: i've been offered a lovely 91' Drop Top at a fair price... only problem is that it has the Sunken Kahler Steeler tremolo system... i am somewhat allergic to this kind of gadget, Floyd and the likes, they're so... well, 80-ish if you know what i mean...
Anyone have any experiance with this? Anyone who want's to prove me wrong?

Peter, Gothenburg Sweden

Casper
04-01-2014, 09:47 PM
I had the Kahler Steeler on my very first TA (91) and have a few with the Floyd over the years. In my opinion, the Kahler Steeler was the best trem EVER..at least on Andersons. It just had a vibe. I played some other Andersons with the same trem too to be fair..same result. But that's why they make salt & pepper, I'm sure many would disagree with me here as well. You can always block the trem if you don't like it? Good Luck!

morty
04-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Hello! welcome to this very good and serious forum! Here you can get help for all about your Anderson! I am from Norway, and guess its not many Anderson players in Sweeden either! i have 2 Drop Tops

sparris
04-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Thank you guys! :)

Briggs
04-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forum! You won't find a nicer, more knowledgeable bunch!!

Pietro
04-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Welcome, and yes, the Steeler was really really awesome.