PDA

View Full Version : Pedal order

jimmieb
07-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Guys,

I think I've figued the order of my pedals, but I'm not to sure where to put the 'Fulltone Fat Boost'. Any way the order is;

Andie DT (Alder)
Clyde Wah
DejaVibe 2
'75 Phase 45
SparkleDrive
FD2
ChoralFlange
EB Volume
Fat Boost
Mesa Lone Star

TC G- Maj in FX loop for delay, reverb, and other special FX

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmie B

PS I'm thinking about replacing my TC G-Maj with either the Boss DD5 or the Line 6 delay pedal. I've had some problems with a big volume drop and I think its sucking out to much tone.

pluto
07-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Depends how you're using the fatboost. If you're just trying to drive a weakened signal from a long signal chain to your amp, keep it where it is. But if you're using it as a drive to get an additional boost type sound, then I would put it before or after the sparkledrive. As far as the G Major, how is it giving you a volume drop? I'm not familiar with the fx loop of the Lone Star, but can't you adjust the output of the G Major to prevent a volume drop? If there is tone suckage, it's most likely the fx loop sucks as the G Major I had was transparent. Lastly, the Line 6 wasn't made for loops as it takes instrument level input, so the line 6 won't work there.

jimmieb
08-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by pluto
Depends how you're using the fatboost. If you're just trying to drive a weakened signal from a long signal chain to your amp, keep it where it is. But if you're using it as a drive to get an additional boost type sound, then I would put it before or after the sparkledrive. As far as the G Major, how is it giving you a volume drop? I'm not familiar with the fx loop of the Lone Star, but can't you adjust the output of the G Major to prevent a volume drop? If there is tone suckage, it's most likely the fx loop sucks as the G Major I had was transparent. Lastly, the Line 6 wasn't made for loops as it takes instrument level input, so the line 6 won't work there.

Thanks so much for the info. It's very cool to get well informed info in the areas I'm not up on. The volume drop is primarily when I switch off the bypass. Maybe the combined output of the
FX is lower output than the bypassed output.

Jimmie B