PDA

View Full Version : New song

Stys
10-31-2013, 11:45 AM
I took a brief departure from my music to produce this song for a friend. I used Logic and played all the instrumentation. Acoustic guitar is a Larrivee LV05. The electrics include a Classic T and a Classic through the Avid Eleven Rack. The drums are from Superior Drummer. The final mix was mastered in Ozone 5. Admittedly, I have a lot to learn but, overall, I am happy with the mix and master. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/guvnor64/casey-compton

dannopelli
11-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Where's the "LIKE" button?

Stys
11-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks Danno.....I think this will be my last musical post because I do not understand how original music can be ignored while videos of cover songs receive accolades. Mind you, I am not sharing music for accolades. Sharing original music allows for constructive criticism and new ideas. I understand there may be hesitation to post a negative comment but, considering we are musicians, we should know how to accept all forms of criticism. Personally, I would love to hear how Anderson players apply their guitars to original music. The song I posted is nothing groundbreaking and the guitar solo is a simple melodic lead but, it came from my heart, not copied from the heart of another.

pipedwho
11-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Keep posting. Loved it, really nice all round production. Guitars were great and so was the singer.