PDA

View Full Version : website navigation confusing

slowburn
07-23-2004, 11:54 AM
referring to andersonguitars.com

whenever you click on "product information" , "tone reference" or "guitar gallery" the frameset is broken. (the section overrides the frameset as opposed to opening up in the large bottom right frame like the rest of the site).

even though I've visisted your site numerous times over the last few years, it still takes a few seconds to get oriented with where the navigation is on those pages.

my suggestion would be to tell your website developer to put those pages into the target frame like the rest of the site. it helps with continuity.

In addition, updates to the "tone reference" section and more info about neck carves, etc... in technical information would probably save you having to answer the same questions over and over on the forum and over emails.

michaelomiya
07-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by slowburn
referring to andersonguitars.com

whenever you click on "product information" , "tone reference" or "guitar gallery" the frameset is broken. (the section overrides the frameset as opposed to opening up in the large bottom right frame like the rest of the site).

even though I've visisted your site numerous times over the last few years, it still takes a few seconds to get oriented with where the navigation is on those pages.

my suggestion would be to tell your website developer to put those pages into the target frame like the rest of the site. it helps with continuity.

In addition, updates to the "tone reference" section and more info about neck carves, etc... in technical information would probably save you having to answer the same questions over and over on the forum and over emails.

Roy and tom are definitely aware of the linkage and duplication problems residing on the website. However, as Roy says, "we're too busy building to do much else!" (or something like that). IMHO, we all accept the Anderson Site and promote it's strengths (GoTW!!). Also, as you become more familiar w/ the products, you'll be less focused on the SWAG and internet marketing, and more focused on your TAG's.

slowburn
07-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
Roy and tom are definitely aware of the linkage and duplication problems residing on the website. However, as Roy says, "we're too busy building to do much else!" (or something like that). IMHO, we all accept the Anderson Site and promote it's strengths (GoTW!!). Also, as you become more familiar w/ the products, you'll be less focused on the SWAG and internet marketing, and more focused on your TAG's.

not to be contrary, but:

1. I am pretty familiar with anderson's products, as I used to go to the site back when it had the design before this one, around 1997-98. granted I'm learning more about specific stuff through this forum like neck profiles, and such.

2. It's not about SWAG (what is that, btw) and internet marketing, I am an amateur web designer and was just offering constructive feedback. I know that they build guitars. I just assumed they had someone build the site for them. now unless it's actually someone that actually builds guitars that maintains the site, I didn't think it would be a question of time management.

2a. I am not claiming to be a ground breaking web designer, but I could probably fix the problems I'm talking about. I realize I won't get taken up on my offer, but the fixes are rather simple.

3. sadly, I have no TAG. :(