PDA

View Full Version : Eventide H9 "Dark Matter" patch

guitarzan
09-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I am absolutely loving how easy it is to expand the usability of this pedal just by adding an expression pedal. No programming necessary- just plug in and use the stock patches. Of course you could modify them to your heart's content, but I'm giddy about this thing.

Demo:
http://www.thetonechef.com/eventide-h9-dark-matter-video/

tom
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM
isn't it against the rules to wear long pants and shoes in a gear demo?

guitarzan
09-05-2013, 05:28 PM
isn't it against the rules to wear long pants and shoes in a gear demo?

Yeah, but I'm wearing three hats and lipstick to make up for it. :)

Briggs
09-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks Corey, now I'm just dreaming of all the pad-like delays I could do with the electric side of the Crowdy underneath the acoustic....

guitarzan
09-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks Corey, now I'm just dreaming of all the pad-like delays I could do with the electric side of the Crowdy underneath the acoustic....

The pads and washes are pretty crazy on the H9. I love extra sauce on guitar tones, but have never gotten into the whole "super pad" sound with tons of harmonization and long reverbs. It has always been a little too messy to my ears. But the H9 makes it tough not to slather on extra sauce. It just sounds SOOOO gooey and cool. I can guarantee this pedal is gonna make me lose some gigs. hahaha

Briggs
09-06-2013, 07:52 AM
I can guarantee this pedal is gonna make me lose some gigs. hahaha

Thanks, I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard when I read that. hahaha!

Pietro
09-06-2013, 08:32 AM
I think I need a space. Don't really need all the other stuff... but the space stuff really seems pretty awesome.

guitarzan
09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
I think I need a space. Don't really need all the other stuff... but the space stuff really seems pretty awesome.

I've heard guys talking about the Space for a long while and I was never interested. Then I got this H9, and getting a taste of the cool reverbs has changed my views.

Right now, for me, it's a gluttonous use of everything the H9 has to offer. I actually had a keyboard player ask me what he should play since I was covering all the guitar and keyboard parts. :) But once the dust settles and I start to use this pedal's power as a condiment and not as the main course, then I think having more than just the reverbs will be an asset.