PDA

View Full Version : Crowdster Question

RobJ
08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm running the acoustic side into a Baggs Venue. The sound is fine, but when I try to use the tuner in the Venue, I'm not getting a good reading. It's doing a lot of flashing and not acurate. The battery in the Crowdster is fairly new. Any ideas. Thanks.

tom
08-20-2013, 09:36 PM
The crowds has tracked really well with tuners i have used. Some tuners don't track as well with high frequencies, you might try turning the treble down for tuning, don't forget to turn it back up when you're done. You also might see if it responds better to volume being turned down some.

Briggs
08-20-2013, 10:03 PM
+1 on everything Tom said. You might also want to try it with a few different tuners just to see if it's signal or the Venue. Mine has tracked well with both boss and polytune tuners. I'm assuming you're going straight into the Venue? Nothing else between in you signal chain? Also try muting the other strings while tuning just to see if it makes a difference. I know my crowdy has a ridiculous amount of sustain and resonance which could be affecting the tuner. Keep us posted on your findings.

Pietro
08-20-2013, 10:47 PM
I have found tuners on acoustic preamps to be less than optimal.

But the worst is my Yamaha AG Stomp. I totally adore the sound, but the tuner is worse than useless.

RobJ
08-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Found the culprit. As usual, it was me. :) Well kinda. I had an old battery in the Venue, but was using a one spot. Apparently the one spot and slipped out a bit and the Venue was running on battery power that was low. Plugged the one spot back in and it works fine now. Although like Pietro said, I plugged in a Turbo Tuner and it is more accurate.

Good gracious this neck, frets and setup on the Crowdster is amazing. I feel an addiction coming on....lol Fortunately for me there aren't any Anderson dealers close by or it could get ugly in a hurry.

Briggs
08-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Glad it was an easy fix. How do you like the venue? I've always been a fan of Baggs stuff.

Pietro
08-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Good gracious this neck, frets and setup on the Crowdster is amazing.

Yup... and it stays that way. my Crowdster celebrates 7 years with me in a few months.

Rockin' the Atom this weekend, though...

RobJ
08-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Glad it was an easy fix. How do you like the venue? I've always been a fan of Baggs stuff.

I like the Venue. Feels sturdy and the adjustable boost feature can come in very handy.