PDA

View Full Version : 1979 Ibanez PS-10(Paul Stanley) truss rod issue

Armando
07-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Hello,

I've actually owned this thing since 1979. It's been sitting in it's case for easily 15 or so years. As I started cleaning her up and getting ready to restring and check the neck, I put on a set of .010-.046(had old set of .009-.042). After tuning up, playing and sighting the neck, I could see the neck needed just a hair of upbow. After removing the truss rod cover, I went to first loosen the 8mm acorn style nut only to find that it was already completely loose. So it seems that I can only tighten the truss in one direction(add back bow).

Anyone have suggestions on an alternative approach to adding some upbow? I'd rather avoid raising the string height at the bridge.

Thanks in advance!

tom
07-26-2013, 12:19 PM
changing string height will not correct for no bow. you might try tuning higher than pitch for a while to see if that will pull the neck forward. but if you can't make it look good with a whole step up you may be out of luck. some repair people heat necks to put bow in them but i'm not a strong believer in that as the wood's natural inclination will ultimately take over.

Armando
07-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks Tom!

I'm going to try that.