PDA

View Full Version : I went to tweak the neck on my new T

Pietro
07-15-2013, 09:25 AM
It's not bad, I just want about a quarter turn for just a teeny bit more straightness... but it's really really tight. I'm afraid to pull too hard. Can I wack anything out if I do that?

pipedwho
07-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Did you try backing it off by a quarter turn first to overcome any static friction, then tightening a half turn?

dplight
07-15-2013, 09:41 PM
I like to put a little pressure on the neck in the direction I want it to move so that the truss rod isn't doing all the work. Seems to be easier on the threads during adjusting.

Pietro
07-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Did you try backing it off by a quarter turn first to overcome any static friction, then tightening a half turn?

I thought I'd ask here first, since it's really not that bad. In fact, I might like it the way it is right now... but I'm concerned for the future.

That said, my experience is that maple necks almost never need tweaking compared to mahogany anyway.

Pietro
07-16-2013, 02:36 PM

Tried that... no dice... NOrmally I'm very comfy doing my own tweaks, but I have to pull so hard and it doesn't move, I might leave this for a professional...

is it possible to take the strings off, loosen it all the way, and "lube" the threads some way?

tom
07-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Send me an email. We used to be steel on steel on the nut andpplate. It can bind up. We now have brass and stainless washers between them and they never get sticky.

Pietro
07-16-2013, 05:29 PM
email sent.

Thanks, Tom.

Pietro
07-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Looks like it's a simple fix that just needs a little TAGW love... jus' wanted to make sure anybody reading this knows that Tom & Co. are takin' care of it.

Pietro
07-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Taken care of.

Tom sent me a pair of washers that went in the truss rod and made everything better.

Bit of a pain in the neck to get them in, but I got 'em… that did it!