PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Parts??

JoeB63
10-28-2003, 03:19 PM
I'd like to know where I could buy the Strat-style and Tele-style bridges that Anderson uses.

I think I've heard that the trem bridge is a Gotoh 1099T. But Tom uses different saddles. Any idea where I can get those saddles. Even more importantly, what's a good source for the Gotoh bridge? Allparts has them, but at very high prices.

Does anyone know the equivalent Gotoh part for the TA-style tele hardtail bridge?

Thanks,
Joe

tom
10-29-2003, 07:36 PM
we used to use the gotoh 1055FE, with the pop in arm. about two years ago we switched to a bridge made for us by fishman. they now make our piezo and non piezo bridges. i don't think you can buy them anywhere but from us, but you can try. the non trem bridge was a gotoh gtc101FE. the new one os the same footprint but made by fishman as well. we really like the saddle geometry and tone of the new bridges. we also had saddle inconsistancies with the gotoh's that were not always repairable. we have bags of bad saddles form te gotohs. tom

JoeB63
10-30-2003, 01:43 AM
Thanks Tom,

I have 2 TA's both with the newer-style bridges, one trem and one fixed. They are really nice bridges.

I'm thinking about building a (lower priced) TA-style guitar for my young son -- hence the questions.

I'm trying to "design" with a downsized body and 24" scale neck.

tom
10-30-2003, 09:38 PM
who makes a 24" scale neck. i built two guitars years ago for my sons when they were little. they were 22 5/8" scale, like the old musicmasters.

JoeB63
10-31-2003, 01:11 AM
Both Warmoth and USA custom guitars make 24" scale necks, but only Warmoth makes a Mustang-style body.

Can you make one of those short-scale guitars for my son? On second thought, forget it -- unless you charge my son the same amount you charged yours. :)

tom
10-31-2003, 05:58 PM
the tooling for the necks is long gone. my boys are both bigger than me now and my youngest still picks up the little guitar every once in a while. that guitar looks pretty funny on a 6' 4" beast.

JoeB63
11-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Well, if the "beast" is looking to sell his short-scale ax, let me know.

On another note, I had a great gig with my TA Classic last night. I brought another "high-end" brand guitar with me, but it never made it out of its case.

Interestingly, I found myself using the middle pickup setting most of the night. When I play at home, I never use that setting. It just worked really well on the gig (which was outdoors).