PDA

View Full Version : Killer concert this weekend

killerburst
07-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Saw Prince at the Hartford Civic Center Saturday night. I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but what a killer performer. The guy can rip on the guitar and his band was unbelievable. I happen to really dig a lot of his music, but just from a technical standpoint the show was awesome.

michaelomiya
07-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by killerburst
Saw Prince at the Hartford Civic Center Saturday night. I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but what a killer performer. The guy can rip on the guitar and his band was unbelievable. I happen to really dig a lot of his music, but just from a technical standpoint the show was awesome.

Prince is an incredible musician, producer, song writer, performer. I've never witnessed him in concert, but did catch the R'nR HoF where he opened and closed, jammin to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Soulful phrasing and wonderful tone. Glad to see he's put his record company issues aside and returned/focused on the music again.

killerburst
07-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Agreed. He even "gave" every ticketholder a free copy of his newest CD. It's just in a paper sleeve- no jewel case, so it's not the commercial version, but it was still a very cool bonus.