PDA

View Full Version : I Got Hired!

Pietro
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I thought I'd share with all you Anderson forum peeps that I finally got a real job again (I've been under-employed for about 8 months, and was unemployed the 14 months before that).

I interviewed and auditioned for a job as a Worship and Media Director at a United Methodist Church in the Cincinnati suburbs and will be starting with them full-time in mid-April.

I'm pretty sure the reason I got hired was because of the amazing sounds coming from the Anderson guitars I brought with me to play for the weekend.

Just wanted to share my amazing good news.

MEP
03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Great news and best wishes in the new job opportunity!

marsodude
03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Good for you dude!

gibson5413
03-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Congratulations!!

tom
03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
excellent!

markus
03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Congrats!!! Great news!

guitarzan
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
That's great news. Congratulations!

mdrs
03-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Well, alright!!!!

dplight
03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Congratulations!

RVA
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Awesome! They chose wisely! Congrats!

kevin h
03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
That's wonderful!

R2D2
03-05-2013, 10:44 PM
great news! Congratulations Pietro!

pluto
03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
very awesome news. congratulations!!

dannopelli
03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Truly happy for you Pete. Congrats! I used to live in the Cincy area, and was back as recently as a year ago on business. Interesting place. Ping me and I'll cue you in on a few things.

Some really great places to live from the semi urban to the suburban to the rural. Realtors tend to steer you to the neighborhoods they know, so be aware. Focus first on school quality and you can't go wrong. I lived in West Chester on Beckett Ridge CC and they used to have a great school system. But that was 18 years ago.

Weather is temperate. They'll get a snow every few years. Summer afternoons get quite humid and you'll get inversion storms pretty regularly.

If your family likes golf there are amazing courses that are inexpensive to play. If its baseball or football they have incredible programs for youth. The park system is nuts good. They get great concert appearances, have a killer Octoberfest too. Fourth of July along the Riverfront is OFF THE HOOK! The Beaujolais Nouveau in Mount Adams is awesome. At Christmas Sharon Woods Park does great drive-through light show. They do a good deal of cycling and running races and other events, and the Flying Pig Marathon is a hoot. Music scene is generally OK to good. Very good if you like Country and avante garde stuff.

From a spiritual perspective lots of churches. People go to church in the Cincy area.

Great German food and some killer steak houses. There are some other new places that opened since I moved, but get good reviews. The airport is a bear, second most expensive place in the USA to fly in and out of, so always consider Dayton as an alternative.

Cincy is on the Mason Dixon line. It is the place of Maplethorpe and Larry Flint. Not that I agree with either of them, but they chose Cincinnati to fight their warped fight because they know that there, a good deal of folks are still quite intolerant. Not as bad as it used to be. But I'll leave the rest of the social/political commentary for another time. Just say it is an interesting social navigation.

Two other things. Derby. Indy. You are two hours drive to each.

Like I said, really glad for you. Good luck. They are lucky to get you!

Pietro
03-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Thanks, man, I might hit you up for more info.

As far as church goes, we already have one selected... the one that is hiring me! It's in Loveland, so we'll be in that area.

Briggs
03-06-2013, 09:01 AM
That's awesome Peter!! It's great to have another Methodist on the board too!! Congrats man.

dannopelli
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks, man, I might hit you up for more info.

As far as church goes, we already have one selected... the one that is hiring me! It's in Loveland, so we'll be in that area.

Loveland is nice. Kind of North East of the city, but easy acccess to I71 and I275. Maybe 20 minutes to downtowon tops.

Near major shopping in Kenwood. Near Blue Ash and Sharon Woods golf courses, which are two of the best public courses. Sharon Woods is a great park too. I recall Loveland had good schools, but if not to your liking, you are only 15 minutes to a lot of surrounding areas that have excellent schools, such as West Chester, Anderson, Blue Ash.

I got what you meant about the job in your OP. I was speaking about churches in general, because folks there tend to be engaged in their churches, which is nice. I'm Catholic and even the church we went to was crowded, people were engaged, and it had good music.

I'm just really happy for you. I think you will like it there.

Pietro
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah, the area seems really really nice!

And Cincinnati has, it appears, an Anderson dealer, which means it's civilized...

soloZ06
03-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Congrats on the job! When you get settled, make sure and keep us updated on what you are playing there.

csd
03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
great news Pete! Congrats!

eRock
03-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Congratulations Peter, I pray that the transition goes very well. I hope that you are able to lead from who you are and will grow and flourish there!

Eric

ConnemaraGuitar
03-08-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm so thrilled to get your good news, and wish you the best in the new job, community and home. Lofton

paleolith54
03-09-2013, 08:58 PM
I thought I'd share with all you Anderson forum peeps that I finally got a real job again (I've been under-employed for about 8 months, and was unemployed the 14 months before that).

I interviewed and auditioned for a job as a Worship and Media Director at a United Methodist Church in the Cincinnati suburbs and will be starting with them full-time in mid-April.

I'm pretty sure the reason I got hired was because of the amazing sounds coming from the Anderson guitars I brought with me to play for the weekend.

Just wanted to share my amazing good news.

Great news, Cincinatti is a good town. A friend of mine was out for two years, recently took over as music minister in a church in Houston. You sound as happy as he did! Good luck.