PDA

View Full Version : Country Music

pluto
07-15-2004, 11:57 AM
While channel surfing last night I saw what appeared to be some kind of country award show on CBS. The first thing I noticed was a guitarist with a tobacco sunburst looking TAG classic playing a guitar solo at the end of a song. After I changed the channel, I surfed back and saw another guitarist with a hot rodded fender tele playing a pretty cool solo through a pair of black cat amps. Wow-I think Tombo was right-country music can be pretty cool after all (well, not completely cool since a lot of the other bands sounded the same to me).

joe1962
07-15-2004, 01:19 PM
I caught the last 30 minutes or so of that show too. That Paisley guy can really play! I didn't see the TAG though. I would have liked to, as I'm thinking about buying a Classic T right now.

michaelomiya
07-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by pluto
Wow-I think Tombo was right-country music can be pretty cool after all (well, not completely cool since a lot of the other bands sounded the same to me).

which form of music is up for the next "Pluto beating"? Rap? nu-metal? J-pop? Techo? Styx? (bad boy for bashing Tommy Shaw)70's disco? C'mon man, why you got to be so darn closed minded? lighten up on those of us who don't understand all that "guitar" music-stuff. Who's that fat swedish guy you love, who plays like violin on the guitar, w/ sausages for fingers? seems to me like the only kind of music you really do appreciate was produced 10-20 years ago! dude.:mad: I'll bet you're one of those "I love Van Halen" guys, and haven't realized that there actually have been other records made after 1978/79. Why I'll bet you even miss 94.7 KMET (tweedle dee!). You weren't one of those KNAC 105.5 idiots, were you? Gawd. Anyway, get off of your soap box and get into 2004. Y'know, Brittany Spears does actually make suggestions when she's making songs or something. and Justin can actually play some guitar, like I think he really knows how to play something like a G chord, or something, is that too much musical information for you?!? see, there are actually musicians nowadays, like Britany and Justin. So take your snob attitudes to another board buddy!

ryman150
07-15-2004, 04:47 PM
That was the CMA Music Fest that you guys caught.

Joe Don from Rascal Flatts was playing the Drop Top Classic. Brad Paisley ROCKS. He plays Crook guitars, custom made by Bill Crook in West Verginia. I absolutely love his paisley guitars!! I really enjoyed the show! Wish I coulda been there. I am goin down to Nashville next month for college, so I'll be living there then!!

-Ryan

pluto
07-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
which form of music is up for the next "Pluto beating"? Rap? nu-metal? J-pop? Techo? Styx? (bad boy for bashing Tommy Shaw)70's disco? C'mon man, why you got to be so darn closed minded? lighten up on those of us who don't understand all that "guitar" music-stuff. Who's that fat swedish guy you love, who plays like violin on the guitar, w/ sausages for fingers? seems to me like the only kind of music you really do appreciate was produced 10-20 years ago! dude.:mad: I'll bet you're one of those "I love Van Halen" guys, and haven't realized that there actually have been other records made after 1978/79. Why I'll bet you even miss 94.7 KMET (tweedle dee!). You weren't one of those KNAC 105.5 idiots, were you? Gawd. Anyway, get off of your soap box and get into 2004. Y'know, Brittany Spears does actually make suggestions when she's making songs or something. and Justin can actually play some guitar, like I think he really knows how to play something like a G chord, or something, is that too much musical information for you?!? see, there are actually musicians nowadays, like Britany and Justin. So take your snob attitudes to another board buddy!

Hey, lighten up, Ashley Simpson is my HERO(ine). :D :D

pluto
07-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by ryman150
That was the CMA Music Fest that you guys caught.

Joe Don from Rascal Flatts was playing the Drop Top Classic. Brad Paisley ROCKS. He plays Crook guitars, custom made by Bill Crook in West Verginia. I absolutely love his paisley guitars!! I really enjoyed the show! Wish I coulda been there. I am goin down to Nashville next month for college, so I'll be living there then!!

-Ryan

Is that who it was? I just remember the singer was blond. Who was the guy playing that hot rodded Fender tele through the Bad Cat amps (must have been about twenty minutes after the guy with the TAG played)? He was smoking-I didn't hear the whole thing, but it sounded like country shred. His tone was killer too.

michaelomiya
07-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey, lighten up, Ashley Simpson is my HERO(ine). :D :D

jessica and brooke burke;)

pluto
07-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by joe1962
I caught the last 30 minutes or so of that show too. That Paisley guy can really play! I didn't see the TAG though. I would have liked to, as I'm thinking about buying a Classic T right now.

Who does Paisley play for? The only thing I know about him is that he uses Dr Z amps and has two good sound samples on the Z website.

pluto
07-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
jessica and brooke burke;)

Nah, Ashley is Number 1!!!

ryman150
07-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Is that who it was? I just remember the singer was blond. Who was the guy playing that hot rodded Fender tele through the Bad Cat amps (must have been about twenty minutes after the guy with the TAG played)? He was smoking-I didn't hear the whole thing, but it sounded like country shred. His tone was killer too.

The Fender Tele guy was Keith Urban. He's from Australia, and man can he play too!! Just don't know why he doesn't get into an Anderson!! I love his new song, "Days Go By"!

-Ryan

sonicparke
07-15-2004, 08:22 PM
jessica and brooke burke ;)

well...if we have to vote...