PDA

View Full Version : Cost to upgrade Crowdster+ to a C++?

noregretsguitar
10-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I have a 2006 C+ and would like to upgrade to C++. How much does it cost and what is the turnaround time?

Pietro
10-28-2012, 04:18 PM
I think it's between 250 and 300. I did it a few years ago when it first became possible.

and... btw... it's an unbelievably useful upgrade. That pickup adds gobs of versatility.

dplight
10-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I think it's between 250 and 300. I did it a few years ago when it first became possible.

and... btw... it's an unbelievably useful upgrade. That pickup adds gobs of versatility.

I'd have to agree. I almost always use the neck pickup, or neck + bridge, when I use the C+2 mag pickups.

Briggs
10-28-2012, 07:44 PM
la la la la, i'm not listening!!! I can't take my crowdster that underwent plusification surgery to a +2.

Pietro
10-28-2012, 08:08 PM
la la la la, i'm not listening!!! I can't take my crowdster that underwent plusification surgery to a +2.

Oh, yeah... that's right. Consider that you can ONLY upgrade to a plus 2 if you already have a plus. If it was upgraded from a regular Crowdy to a plus, it ain't happenin'.

Briggs
10-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh, yeah... that's right. Consider that you can ONLY upgrade to a plus 2 if you already have a plus. If it was upgraded from a regular Crowdy to a plus, it ain't happenin'.

Yep, I actually believe my Crowdy was THE last Crowdster to C+.

Taking it to a +2 can't happen unless I find some very well trained termites to clean out some more room in the cavity. :D

I guess I'll just have to start saving for a new KOA +2...

Pietro
10-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Yep, I actually believe my Crowdy was THE last Crowdster to C+.

Taking it to a +2 can't happen unless I find some very well trained termites to clean out some more room in the cavity. :D

I guess I'll just have to start saving for a new KOA +2...

But the advantages are... 1. your guitar looks WAY more like an acoustic than mine and 2. You'll have TWO instead of just one. I'd actually kinda like a plain old Crowdster someday for when I'm just acoustic, but alas... no money...

noregretsguitar
10-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll contact Anderson shop for exact details for the upgrade. Stay tuned....