PDA

View Full Version : Orange Micro Terror

GDane1
10-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Been gassing for an Orange OR15. Trying to lay the groundwork for my wife why I 'need' it. So she brought this home for me as a bit of a gag gift to tide me over. Well the gag's on her. This little (and I mean little) amp is fantastic!!

So fun in small spaces. Can plug in my ipod and play along. Can use headphones. Sounded good enough through my 2X12 cabinet that I used it for an entire band rehearsal and it kept up, no problem. Used my pedalboard as well. Just no reverb, but great clean sound. Solid state type overdrive (eh), but for $149 it's my new backup for sure.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/gdane4/IMG_1509.jpg

pluto
10-28-2012, 02:02 AM
That really looks cool! Looks like the mini amps just got tinier! I'm really amazed how small amps have really increased in popularity. How's the overdrive sound?

GDane1
10-28-2012, 05:14 PM
It can break up some with gain all the way up, somewhat grainy/solid state sound, but with the band I used pedals for gain/distortion and left it on a good strong clean tone.

Very fun at home with IPod input on top of the 2x12. Saves daily wear on tubes for practice.

G

pluto
10-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Thanks gdane1 for the tone report. Sure looks like a cool little amp for sure. I was hoping they would make a 1 watt all tube (power section too) amp like the mini Marshalls that recently came out with recently.