PDA

View Full Version : New Clip Featuring My Drop Top and Bulldog

gibson5413
09-26-2012, 05:28 PM
The forum has been a bit quiet as of late so I thought I would share a clip I recorded this morning. I recently sold me Mesa Boogie Mark IV and purchased a Bogner 20th Anniversary Ecstasy (used thank goodness). What a great amp with 3 very usable channels. Channel 1 (Green) is a killer clean that sounds amazing with my Anderson SC1 pickups and neck H1 humbuckers. Really glassy and transparent. Channel 2 (Blue) is a great classic to 80 hard rock channel with a ton of versatility. Channel 3 (Red) is over the top but not too compressed. I can still hear the guitars and my playing breathe which was important to me. The Mark IV was awesome but all of my guitars lost unique characteristics. The XTC isn't like that at all. Each guitar sounds different.

Either way, here is a clip I recorded. It is a blast from the past, Night Ranger - Don't Tell Me You Love Me. I found a killer backing track with no guitars. Everything you hear is my guitars and the Ecstasy. The Drop Top was the rhythm and Brad Gillis' solo (the first one). I used my Bulldog on the Watson solo just to change it up. I used the Red channel on the clip.

Tell me what you think. Hopefully it isn't too cheesy for you all. I didn't play it note for note because I can't and I'm too lazy to learn it.

http://tonefinder.com/files/81348691867-XTC%20-%20Dont%20Tell%20Me%20You%20Love%20Me.mp3

or

http://tonefinder.com/?section=id&value=13679

pluto
09-27-2012, 10:51 AM
I loved this song when I was a kid-I haven't heard this song in a long time. I still remember seeing Jeff Watson doing his 8 finger tap on this song and just being blown away. I enjoyed listening to the song- I thought you did it justice. Did you try using the blue channel for the song too? I think the blue channel would sound tonality wise, more true to the original. Anyway, great job again! EDIT- LOL-just noticed that I mistakenly wrote that jeff did his 8 finger tap on this song. I meant to say that I was in awe generally speaking, of jeff's 8 finger taps!

kiergtr
09-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Nice job! I like your sense of rhythm and I agree you do it justice. Really nice tone. I always liked Night Ranger. Nice tone as well. Keep rockin'

PaulP
09-28-2012, 09:07 AM
I love that Jeff Watson solo on "Don't Tell Me You Love Me"! I still use it as a great flat picking exercise. It's actually not that hard to learn....course executing up to speed with precision that he did is a whole different ball of wax! Lol! The eight finger tapping thing he did on "Rock in America" is seriously over the top! I never tried to learn that to any great extent but the guy really is a great player.....very melodic soloist.

PaulP

markus
09-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Very cool!!!! Love the sound and your playing!