PDA

View Full Version : Fishman Acoustic Bridge

MikeHil
07-13-2004, 11:48 PM
As I understand it, the Fishman Bridge on the TAs; you can blend the acoustic sound ihn with the electric with the Powerblend Pedal.

However, does that work in reverse as well? in other words, is there a swoth on the Powerblend perhaps allowing you to have an acoustic sound then blend in the electric with the pedal?

Obviously haven't received the new ax yet - so, I'm curious.

Thanks guys!

Joel
07-14-2004, 12:11 PM
With the pedal full toe down the signal is all piezo and with it full heel down it's all mag pickups. You can blend it varying degrees in between based on where you move the pedal.

Shameless plug - I have one for sale in the marketplace if you are interested.

Joel

MikeHil
07-14-2004, 12:15 PM
That's even cooler.

Thanks for the info.

I have one on the way... otherwise, I'd be all over it. Good luck selling to the highest bidder.

Mike

tom
07-14-2004, 03:04 PM
that didn't tell the whole story to me. the pedal is for volume of the acoustic, the electric volume is on the guitar just like always.

sylvanshine
07-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Not to muddy the waters, but if you want a more compact way of switching/blending the Powerbridge and the magnetic pickups I use a Boss Line Selector pedal (LS-2?) and a short Hosa Y cable. The only thing you pass up is EQ.

tom
07-14-2004, 05:13 PM
can you send the two to different amps with the boss unit?

sylvanshine
07-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Yes sir.

You have one "thru" input and two loops (A and B). The magnetic side of the stereo cable goes into the IN and connects to your regular amp through the OUT. The piezo side of the cable connects to Loop A IN and connects to your acoustic amp through the Loop A OUT. You have volume control over Loop A (and B) with individual volume knobs. How you set the selector knob decides what happens when you hit the foot switch.

I have the electric side on all the time going to a Bogner, hit the footswitch and add Loop A to bring in the Fishman going to a SWR. As you mentioned, the magnetics can be controlled from the guitar. I put a tuner in Loop B and hit the pedal twice to send signal there.

tom
07-14-2004, 07:55 PM
cool, nice alternative rig.