PDA

View Full Version : Used Anderson prices up?

JoeB63
10-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Anyone else notice that the final sale prices for used Andersons on eBay seem to be going up?

It's known that guitar sales tend to track up or down right with the economy. This is a good sign -- though not for used TA buyers.

I was hoping to find a used Cobra S at a bargain price. Looks unlikley now.

pluto
10-30-2003, 05:43 PM
I don't know-to me the prices for used Andersons on ebay have been about 100-200 hundred dollars lower this year compared to last year. I haven't really seen the prices go back up to the same as last year and I'm always checking ebay for used Andersons.

Stan Malinowski
11-04-2003, 12:27 PM
I'd have to agree with Pluto. I don't this is a sitaution exclusive to Andersons, most high end guitars have taken a serious hit on the used market over the last 1-2 years. It's a sign of the economy and the reduced amount of income available for luxury items. Collectable car prices are in a slump too (you should see the pitiful offers on my restored 73 Vette)!

pluto
11-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Stan Malinowski
I'd have to agree with Pluto. I don't this is a sitaution exclusive to Andersons, most high end guitars have taken a serious hit on the used market over the last 1-2 years. It's a sign of the economy and the reduced amount of income available for luxury items. Collectable car prices are in a slump too (you should see the pitiful offers on my restored 73 Vette)!

Agreed 100%-this is the sign of a poor economy which is hopefully going to rebound soon. I'm always on the lookout for gear and prices are way down compared to last year (I noticed the prices going down since the summer of 2002). I usually check out ebay for Andersons, PRSs, Suhrs, and amp companies like Bogner and Roccaforte, and without a doubt, the prices are down. This is definitely a great time to buy used stuff-just look on the PRS forum- Jeffnmoe is selling an XTC Classic for 2500 including shipping-what a steal for a mint, almost brand new amp.