PDA

View Full Version : Roy! Above and beyond!

PaulP
09-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Not that anybody here doesn't already know, but the support from Tom Anderson Guitarworks just sets the bar off the chart! I called over this afternoon to talk about a detail on a classic I have on order and while on the phone with Roy (which is always a fun ride!) I asked him about a wiring question that was giving me fits on another NON ANDERSON guitar. Without going into the details of how he helped fix my problem....all I can say is I am so completely blown away by the effort Roy made to help me get this project of mine wired up correctly! And yes, I did contact the actual manufacture, who does actually also do a nice job with customer service, but they just didn't seem to have a grip on what I actually needed or was asking. Roy on the other hand was not only willing to answer my question but wanted to walk me through and make sure I was clear on how to do it properly.....problem solved! The magic of the internet is just amazing!

Ya know this guitar thing is not the least expensive activity in the world and unfortunately the money doesn't grow on tree's (at least not in my case...damn it!). I know personally how much I have invested in guitars/amps/accessories in general. Everything today is very expensive and our currently state of affairs economically is not what most of us would hope for. Having said that...I am so completely dedicated to supporting Tom Anderson Guitar Works not just because they make one of (if not THE) highest quality guitars available, but because their enthusiasm and dedication toward the people that play their guitars is just unparalleled in my experience! For Roy to take the time and make sure I knew how to properly wire the guitar really speaks volumes about both Roy and the company in general! I was trying to figure out how/where place a 470k resistor in a H/S/S to bring down a 500k vol pot when singles engaged...so simple actually.

So...thank you Roy! In the scheme of things it was not a big thing, but it really mad a big impression on me so I wanted to share! I am so looking for to my classic! Thanks again Roy!

PaulP

Pietro
09-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Yes... they are awesome!

kevin h
09-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Not surprised at all. Tom, Roy and everyone at TAG are the best i've ever dealt with.

JeKo
09-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Such a great guy to deal with. Couldn't agree more.

pluto
09-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Not surprised at all. Tom, Roy and everyone at TAG are the best i've ever dealt with.

+1! nothing beat Anderson Guitars customer service. Nothing but the best.

harritone
09-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Ask him to do his shouting pickup comparison....scared the hell out of me when he did the SA's

Big Harry
09-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Roy is the guy you want to be your friend , especially if you are guitarist of kind , and play Anderson's !
And I like his humor a lot !!!

Greetings from South Africa Roy !
(your Siberian :D friend :eek: )

mdrs
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Roy really is THE BEST, maybe.

Or, is that Roy, maybe, is THE BEST.

Ah heck, Roy is great!! No maybe's about it.

:)

lumco
09-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Everytime I have emailed or called they have been most helpful......Nice staff and nice guitars... hmmmmm...now if they would just make a 4-bolt neck...just kidding.. Tom.......... had to get that in there to let you know I am still around..

tom
09-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I would have thought someone had hacked your identity if you hadn't mentioned it :D

curtisjames
09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
If I can add....he's a very insightful, creative person. insightful?....He takes the time to get to know the player and custom fit the right pickups, wood, maybe even finish, and taylor the end result. its all a part of the Anderson family genius that Tom has fostered. Who hasn't read Roy's guitar of the week dissertations with humor and amusement? Who hasn't opened up their TAG case for the first time with some sence of gratitude, that Roy did em right....again. even tho bro is on the phone more than an AT&T& T operator, he actually makes you feel like your important.....and in this Buiseness.....there is people who really need to feel IMPORTANT:p.
Roy's that guy......one of the coolest people on the planet
A super hero, prophet, a man who will take us into the next millennium.......uh.Roy, put down the phone and type something

Casper
09-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Although I've never met Roy personally, we have had many conversations over my 20+ years with TA. Some memorable ones..last year he told me how to give my Cobra a "shower" to get some badly needed moisture back into my neck"...I was on the fence years ago about an Atom I liked and Roy talked to me on the way to a road gig 50 miles away from my house..needless to say I was sold by the time I got to the gig..he has a certain ...(wait for it)..zhinginess about him.!! He is Tom's best ambassador. Shame Richmond stores aren't doing TA anymore, I would have loved a clinic~!
Shaun

schofnsteen
09-12-2012, 08:24 PM
AGREED. Own 6 of these treasures. I'M VERY BLESSED. THANK YOU ALL !

PaulP
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Yea...it really is the little things sometimes that make the biggest impressions! I bought a used Crowdster last year from Martin Music. It was somewhat impulsive but I saw it on their site and before I knew it it was on its way to NJ! When I got it I felt the action was a bit too low so I called Tom and the boys to ask how to go about getting it setup more to my taste. Tom asked me to check the saddle to see which one it was as it is marked.....I believe it was marked "low"....so Tom says he'll send me out a Med height saddle and let then know how it works for me. 2 days later i get it in the mail and it's exactly what was needed. I called up and said this is great and "oh yea, can I give you my credit card to pay for the part cause there was no invoice?" Tom said just enjoy the guitar and let us know if there is anything we can help you out with!

Yea...."you had me at hello"....LOL! To sum it all up....I truly think everybody at Anderson Guitar Works raises the bar to a point that few others can actually even hope to emulate when it comes to dealing with us.....the customer. You guys really make me feel like I'm your "only" customer every time I have called! Thanks guys!

GuitArtMan
09-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Ask him to do his shouting pickup comparison....scared the hell out of me when he did the SA's
Lol! Love that!

GuitArtMan
09-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Ask to talk to his mom next time - just be sure to keep it clean! :D