PDA

View Full Version : Signal Chain - Ultimate Octave

dannopelli
07-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Any thoughts?

I just got an Ultimate Octave from Fulltone.

My current chain is

Andy - (Obviously)
Tuner
PW 10 Wah
Tone Press
Distortion Pro
FD 2
DR Z Maz 38

From Amp FX Loop
Choral Flange
Boss DD5
Back to amp.

Any thoughts as to where to put the Ultimate Octace?

Thanks in advance?
Danno

killerburst
07-12-2004, 08:48 AM
I'd suggest trying it after the tuner, after the wah, after the compressor and first in the loop before the chorus, then see which works best for you.

LeonC
07-12-2004, 12:26 PM
After the FD II.

tunacaster
07-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Danno, I copied this from an earlier post I did regarding pedal set up. Hope you are doing well!! Late Tommy

Just finished reading an article in Tonequest magazine with Robert Keeley of Keeley Electronics and he had a phase that he made up that helps him with the order of pedals, goes like this from guitar to amp

Which-(wah)
Chain- (compressor)
Of- (Overdrive)
Effect- (EQ)
Pedals- (Pitch)
Make- (Modulation)
Life- (Level)
Easier- (Echo)

He also said that a sample effects board might contain these effects: Guitar to Wah,Compressor,Overdrive,EQ, Vibrato,Chorus,Tremolo,Volume Pedal,and Delay to Amp.

I really enjoy reading the Tonequest Report, they did a nice article on Anderson guitars and Tom Anderson. Also had a review of a Translucent Blonde Hollow Classic. After I read it, I ordered the exact guitar from Richmond Music,love it.

Wbb
07-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Danno: I must've missed something. When did you get the Maz 38?? What are your thoughts on it?

Bill

dannopelli
07-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Tuna,

Thanks for the tip> I wound up going:
Tuner - Compressor - DP - FD2- Octave - Wah. Since my wah is a PW10 Modelling wah, the voice setting sounded best in this order.

WBB:

Long Story Short. Been borrowing one from Dave. Ordered one without out the fancy wood. Should be here soon. Maz 38 2x10 Salt and Pepper grille.

CYA at the Watermelon Fest!

tunacaster
07-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Saw that amp Dan. Really cool looking. BTW, when and where is the watermelon festival? Would like to go! Been hiding in Powhatan too long!

tunacaster
07-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Whaz Up Bill? Hope you are doing well!!

dannopelli
07-22-2004, 12:14 AM
It's August 8, in Carytown. I'll get you a time when we know. Everyone does 45 minute sets. Our band is sponsoring a stage, (which means we have a 24 CH PA basically! (LOL):p

BTW I got the 1x12 version. It has a bit bigger sound.

tunacaster
07-22-2004, 05:28 AM
I appreciate it! Have been wanting to hear your band. Hope you like that Z. Both of mine sound killer with the Hollow Classic.

Wbb
07-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Tommy: You going to the Winefest Saturday? Steve Bassett on deck...I'll keep an eye out for you.

Danno: The Watermelon event sounds good, I'll mark my calendar. Keep us posted on what time your band plays. Look forward to hearing your Z/ Anderson rig!

tunacaster
07-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Bill, I am thinking about it, but may opt for the James River and those smallmouth bass instead. I will keep an eye out for you if I do go. I heard that it was a blast last year .