PDA

View Full Version : 12-string ideas?

paleolith54
06-30-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm not finding past discussion on this, though I bet there has been.

Since I can't get a twelve-string Crowdster, I wonder if anyone has recommendations for the next-closest thing in terms of dimensions (thin-body), general build quality, sound, and so forth. I'm looking for something to blend into a duo acoustic set for variety, not to do the heavy lifting (which I use the Crowdster for).

Godin A12? I seem to recall Tom has a high opinion of Mr. Godin and what he's able to do at the price point he hits.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

dplight
06-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I have an A12 and like it, in that it does the job I need of a 12 string. It sounds pretty good, and it plays well compared to other 12's. I had to make some adjustments to it out of the box. Had to shim the neck to get it where I wanted it. Not something I was expecting, but it all worked out. I'd suggest hand picking one if you can, but it is a decent guitar.

Pietro
07-01-2012, 07:06 AM
I've owned three Godins (thought not a 12-string) and a Seagull. Fantastic guitars for the money.

Briggs
07-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Crowdster + POG = sweet 12 string sound :D

just saying.

paleolith54
07-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Crowdster + POG = sweet 12 string sound :D

just saying.
Would never have tripped to that...thanks!

Briggs
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
you're welcome! The POG2 is more versatile, but more $$ too. I've heard very passable 12 strings sounds from the regular POG and even micro POG. If you want some organ type synth stuff for pads etc, as well, then go with the POG2