PDA

View Full Version : Eddie's New Charvels by FMIC

michaelomiya
07-09-2004, 11:50 AM
EVH Charvel Info (http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002689;p=1#0000 15)

:eek: :eek: OMG!! What'll the build quality be like. And the tone?!? Check out the info link:
EVH Charvels (http://www.evh-guitars.com/)

WOW. Quite a difference from the EBMM and the Wolfgang.

pluto
07-09-2004, 12:05 PM
First link didn't work out for me. What did it say? I read a thread yesterday by velcro fly in another forum that Eddie was playing a charvel at a concert. So, has he left Peavey?

michaelomiya
07-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by pluto
First link didn't work out for me. What did it say? I read a thread yesterday by velcro fly in another forum that Eddie was playing a charvel at a concert. So, has he left Peavey?

Sorry again. I keep forgetting you guys can't read the JCF Online w/o a password

Login Name: andersonguitarplayer
Password: U6SP5M

Anyway, it's just the Jackson/charvel forumites emoting over whether this is good or bad for their Pre-pro EVH charvels. Hey, it's ALLLL good!

From what I know he hasn't officially left, but this announcement certainly confirms that he's either done it or is about to (leave).

The EVH Charvels (if that's what they're going to be called) look really ugly, not even close to resembling the actual Frankenstrat (red or black) or the VH2 Chavel (black & yellow). At this point, I'd opt for GMW or even Wayne's stuff (except for that fugly headstock).

pluto
07-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
Sorry again. I keep forgetting you guys can't read the JCF Online w/o a password

Login Name: andersonguitarplayer
Password: U6SP5M

Anyway, it's just the Jackson/charvel forumites emoting over whether this is good or bad for their Pre-pro EVH charvels. Hey, it's ALLLL good!

From what I know he hasn't officially left, but this announcement certainly confirms that he's either done it or is about to (leave).

The EVH Charvels (if that's what they're going to be called) look really ugly, not even close to resembling the actual Frankenstrat (red or black) or the VH2 Chavel (black & yellow). At this point, I'd opt for GMW or even Wayne's stuff (except for that fugly headstock).

Thanks for the info and the password-now let's see if I can get you banned from the jackson/charvel forum!! :D As for Wayne's stuff, I played one before, and yechhhhh!!!!!!!! The radius must have been like 17 or something ridiculous like that cause that neck was about as flat and wide as you can get. And for over 2K, I expected a lot more than that. Just my opinion though.

michaelomiya
07-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the info and the password-now let's see if I can get you banned from the jackson/charvel forum!! :D As for Wayne's stuff, I played one before, and yechhhhh!!!!!!!! The radius must have been like 17 or something ridiculous like that cause that neck was about as flat and wide as you can get. And for over 2K, I expected a lot more than that. Just my opinion though.

17" radius?!?! Wow, either your thumb's circulation gets cut off (ala Jimi's left hand style) or you end up playing classical guitar. Actually, I shouldn't bag, since I had an Ibanez :eek: in the late 80's. Those Wizard necks probably had a similar radius.

pluto
07-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
17" radius?!?! Wow, either your thumb's circulation gets cut off (ala Jimi's left hand style) or you end up playing classical guitar. Actually, I shouldn't bag, since I had an Ibanez :eek: in the late 80's. Those Wizard necks probably had a similar radius.

Yeah, the neck radius must have been up there. I played at Dan's Guitars an Ernie Ball Petrucci which is I think has a 15 radius and that guitar felt a lot more comfortable than the Wayne guitar I played. Hey, nothing wrong with Ibanez. I've never disclosed this before, but I'm considering buying an Ibanez Andy Timmons model (PRS? Anderson?? Suhr?? Thorn??? the list is long!)!!! :p Seriously!! His guitar looks pretty cool to me and of course his tone smokes even when he's playing through his Laneys!!

michaelomiya
07-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey, nothing wrong with Ibanez. I've never disclosed this before, but I'm considering buying an Ibanez Andy Timmons model (PRS? Anderson?? Suhr?? Thorn??? the list is long!)!!! :p Seriously!! His guitar looks pretty cool to me and of course his tone smokes even when he's playing through his Laneys!!

http://www.anubz.com/smilies/slap.gif

pluto
07-09-2004, 07:41 PM
AHHHHHH, the editorials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Andy T. is cool! :p Have a good weekend!!

michaelomiya
07-11-2004, 03:04 PM
AHHHHHH, the Andy T. is cool!

Andy Timmons is awesome. It's his endorser that's sketchy. 'course, he gets his personal axes worked on by the custom shop guys, before slapping the "name" on the headstock.

Hossman
07-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Peavey has not done much to sell his guitars as of lately, so he went this way. I don't know much about the tone and fell, at this time, as they are not released yet. They are hoping to get a minimum of 5k each. With the bike as a incentive ?? who knows? The auction thing kind of sucks.
I know 2 were given to Eddie completed by the custom shop and Eddie will do the striping on the guitars up for auction. We shall see how this pans out.. As for the 25th Anniversary- Very nice guitar, not a Anderson though :)

my .02 cents