PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Feiten Retrofits

ClayCromer
04-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Hello all, has anyone had the BFTS retrofitted to an acoustic or nylon string guitar of theirs?

tom
04-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Both my olsons and a larrivve have been done cant play any of my other acoustics that don't have it.

Briggs
04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Both my olsons *sigh* one day... :rolleyes:

tom
04-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Yes, I count my blessings for that amazing gift. But that's a long story.

Briggs
04-26-2012, 08:07 AM
would love to hear it sometime Tom, just tell me it doesn't start with "I was at this yard sale..." :D

Back to the O.P. any ballpark price for a BFTS retrofit? I thought of doing it to my old Guild acoustic. I'm sure it varies, just looking for approximation.

tom
04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Jim and I did some trading and he was very gracious to me.

Doing an acoustic can be a big job depending where the nut and saddle current are. I think upwards of $300 is normal. But you might luck out if the saddle does not have to be moved.

ClayCromer
04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks Tom. It's interesting how your ears evolve through the years; I couldn't have noticed a difference a few years ago, but as I become a better player, there are more subtle differences to appreciate (and also drive you crazy). There's no doubt that the BFTS has a sweetness about it. I would also like to hang out with you sometime and try the Olsons :)

Briggs
04-26-2012, 12:40 PM
The nut is at the end of the fretboard up by the headstock and the saddle is in a little groove on the bridge. sorry...I couldn't resist...I have an overly developed sense of sarcasm.

Seriously though, thanks for the info Tom. There's a couple of places here in B'ham listed on the Buzz site so I'll check with them. I'll also do a little plundering around on some other sites to see if anyone has ever Buzzified their Guild.

Now get off the forum and enjoy Hawaii!!

GuitArtMan
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
*sigh* one day... :rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing. But then I remembered whose post I was reading.