PDA

View Full Version : Fuzz Pedal

Stys
07-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Can anyone suggest a good fuzz pedal? I purchased the Dallas Dunlop and was not impressed.

jimmieb
07-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Stys
Can anyone suggest a good fuzz pedal? I purchased the Dallas Dunlop and was not impressed.

I've been using a Fulltone 69, it's very cool. Everything you wish your fuzzface could do. Extremely dynamic, cleans up great with guitar volume, not completely. Add a Univibe, Are You Experienced.

Jimmie B

Ps You might try the Fulltone OctaFuzz, it a copy of the Tycobrahe Octavia, very "Band of Gypsies"

nickdahl
07-06-2004, 06:26 PM
I just demo'ed a Fulltone '70 pedal. I liked it but it wasn't for me. I'm going after a Prescription Electronics Face Lift and a ZVEX Octane 3 now. I'm after a Band of Gypsy type fuzz tone.

Nick

pluto
07-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm not a fuzz expert but I used to own two 69 pedals, a 70, a Soulbender, a z vex Factory Fuzz, and I think that's it. I liked the old Germanium Vox tonebender clone, the Soulbender the best. Classic Zep and Beck tones were oozing out of that box. The 69 was a more subtle fuzz that sounded great with an amp that was on the verge of breaking up. I'm not a Hendrix guru, so I don't know how good of a fuzz face clone it is. I didn't care for the 70-was a bit too noisy and just didn't have much character. The Z Vex was out of control but cool for wacky, heavy fuzz.

dannopelli
07-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Just got the Fulltone Ultimate Octave. I really like the Fuzz sounds. The addition of the Octave is nice to get that Jefff Beck/Johnny A sound too.