PDA

View Full Version : help required from my mates on teh forum

oscar100
07-03-2004, 03:39 PM
guys

i recently pu some florence voodoo 60's into my LP florentine no f holes

i kkep seeing about rs wiring kits and cts pots etc

im new to LP's having always been a 'tom' freak -

can someone excplain what treh big deal is am suggest what i should get?

hope you can ghelp

:p

sylvanshine
07-14-2004, 04:36 PM
oscar100

I'm a Voodoo fan myself. Put his 59's in my 60RI and my Rossington SG. Great pickups, but the stock Gibson pots and caps really hold them back. I suggest getting CTS 500k pots with audio taper and replacing the caps with Sprague orange drops. Most people get the .022 caps. If you are a fan of the Anderson tone controls, put in a .010 and you get the same tone roll off.

Check the shaft length on your pots. Gibson Historics take short shaft, but you might need long. Depends on how thick the top is. Probably short.

RS Guitarworks kits are great. Black Rose Customs also sells them. Have ordered from both.

oscar100
07-14-2004, 05:03 PM
great jay thanx

where do i get the cts and sprague bits from or do they come as part of teh rs witiong kits?

;)

sylvanshine
07-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Part of the kits. Just pick the one you want. I think they all come with 500K CTS pots. Caps are cheap, so experiment. If you are like me, the tone knob stays wide open, so the caps don't matter unless you roll off the tone.

The other choice in the RS kits are the brightness. If you need to tame it or ehhance it. Your call. You also get a wiring diagram that has some special way they wire up their guitars. I only bought the bits, so I don't know what the diagram is.