PDA

View Full Version : Snake Charmer

JGraham
10-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Well, the Cobra arrived this morning. My first TA. Absolutely stellar. Oh, and it looks nice, too. I think I'm most impressed with the sounds the pickups allow for. Guitars in this price range should be expected to play well, and have above average fit and finish. This one exceeds both. But I think the thing that sets guitars apart is definitely the sound. I have numerous HB equipped guitars, and I generally run them through the same amp with my standard settings. The TA has just the right amount of punch, not too much, not too little. And I love the neck pickup! The clarity in HB mode is stunning, I'm used to overdriven neck pickups losing all their definition. When rolled off, the pickups sound fabulous in all modes. But you already knew that. I'm just stoked because this is the first time I've loved all the sounds a guitar has to offer.

I suppose any time you buy a guitar hands off (over the PRS Forum from Portland), there is some question as to whether or not it is going to be what you're looking for. This one is. I'm afraid now that sometime in the near future I'm going to have a major selloff of some of my other favorite guitars... to make room for a second Cobra. The heck with crackwood, been there done that. I want to tell the world about this guitar. But I think I'm going keep my mouth shut. ;)

Thanks, Tom.

pluto
10-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Congratulations-the cobra, especially the cobra s is my favorite guitar of all time! I certainly know the feeling of buying a guitar without playing it and wondering if it will be a good fit. It's great to know that it worked out for you. BTW-I listened to three of the four songs you have on your website-great songs, especially the first one. I hope you don't take this as an insult, but the first song reminded me a lot of Iron Maiden of all bands.

JGraham
10-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the compliments! That is hilarious that you mention Iron Maiden, I get that from alot of people. They were my boys wayy way back, but I seriously don't hear it in those songs! Its all good though. Thanks again...

John Price
10-21-2003, 07:26 PM
All the best to you with your new Cobra!

I think the Cobra is one guitar that is all about great Tones! I'm very glad to have one...

;)

mr. j
10-22-2003, 08:48 AM
I have PRSi and Andersons BOTH (and others)... Nothing wrong with diversity!:D

Hey, I've got a friend moving from here in Oklahoma to Leesburg to be the manager at the Tally-Ho theater there. Do you know which theater that would be? He's one of my best friends and the lead guitar player here in our church. Just curious...:)

JGraham
10-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Mr J.

Very cool about your friend. Yes, I know that theater... It's the ONLY theater! :D Its about a 10 minute walk from my house. I hope he likes Leesburg!

Thanks John!

Stan Malinowski
10-27-2003, 12:38 PM
John,

A belated welcome to the Cobra Club!! I have a Hollow Cobra S with HO1-/HO1+ pickups. It sounds great in all pickup combinations, clean and overdriven. One hell of a flexible guitar!

Enjoy!!!