PDA

View Full Version : Q on Anderson Vintage Voicing

Scott Peterson
06-27-2004, 12:53 AM
I am putting some Tom Anderson pickups in a backup S/S/H guitar with a 5 way, Volume and Tone controls.

I want to have it utilize the Vintage Voicing like my #1 Anderson Hollow Drop Top.

Is there a schematic or a wiring kit I can buy to do that?

tom
06-27-2004, 04:37 PM
it is a simple thing, but you need to be able to not have it on when just the humbucker is on. you need to use 500k pots. what kind of switching are yo going to use, and which 5 way do you have?

Scott Peterson
06-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by tom
it is a simple thing, but you need to be able to not have it on when just the humbucker is on. you need to use 500k pots. what kind of switching are yo going to use, and which 5 way do you have?

I am swapping out the cheap crap in the guitar and plan on using this switch; I am going to run one volume and one tone pot only.

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/store/product1.asp?SID=5&Product_ID=146

BTW, I am expecting my Ron Thorn guitar with the M1/M1/M3 and B5 switching I ordered through Jack Gretz to be done in the next few weeks. It should sound great and go with my Anderson Drop Top well. You could say I kinda like your pickups... and your guitars. :D

tom
06-28-2004, 12:45 PM
are you going to do any splitting on the humbucker? if you want the 5way to do that, you will need the fancier version. we have the 5 way turn on and off the vintage voicing when it is appropreate. let me know what you want to do and i'll advise. i can send you a diagram when i know what you are after.

Scott Peterson
06-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by tom
are you going to do any splitting on the humbucker? if you want the 5way to do that, you will need the fancier version. we have the 5 way turn on and off the vintage voicing when it is appropreate. let me know what you want to do and i'll advise. i can send you a diagram when i know what you are after.

No I don't need to split the humbucker; The combos I am going for are these:

Position 5: Neck series
Position 4: Neck/Middle
Position 3: Middle
Position 2: Middle/Bridge (not split)
Position 1: Bridge (series)

My Hollow Drop Top has the Vintage Voicing and I have owned other Anderson's with it; I just dig how that works. If I need a fancier switch to do the VV, I am all over it.

BTW, thank you so much for your assistance, it is completely appreciated.

Nothing fancy; it is afterall just a backup guitar to my Anderson. :D

tom
06-28-2004, 02:18 PM
you can do that with the regular 5 way. use one side of the switch to do your pickup selecting. the other side will connect the vv resistor. run one end of the 330k resistor to ground, and the other side to the contacts that be be on i positions1-4. you don't want it to be on in position 5. run the common terminal of the 5way to hot, and you're there.

Scott Peterson
06-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Cool! Thanks SO much!!!! :D:D