PDA

View Full Version : NGD Rosewood hollow t

siv
09-14-2011, 07:47 PM
My new to me 09 rosewood hollow t just arrived this afternoon. What a cool guitar! I was down to one Anderson after I let my crowdster I to pursue a dream acoustic, and then this one came up and I knew I had to try to trade my suhr classic t for it (a great guitar in it's own right, but I wasn't loving the neck bucker). This hollow t is just awesome... Rosewood neck and top, m1 and tm2 with kickback. I thought for sure it was going to be a bit neck heavy, but it's nicely balanced and light! I'll get picture up soon, but it just feels right having this thing to compliment the atom.

Now for the good part - the pictures! I can't figure out if I like the morning light or not, but regardless, here they are!
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/dsiverns/Anderson%20Rosewood%20Hollow%20T/IMG_6124.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/dsiverns/Anderson%20Rosewood%20Hollow%20T/IMG_6123.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/dsiverns/Anderson%20Rosewood%20Hollow%20T/IMG_6120.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/dsiverns/Anderson%20Rosewood%20Hollow%20T/IMG_6119.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/dsiverns/Anderson%20Rosewood%20Hollow%20T/IMG_6121.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/dsiverns/Anderson%20Rosewood%20Hollow%20T/IMG_6122.jpg

pluto
09-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Sweet! That must look awesome- can't wait for the pics!

uburoibob
09-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah! I can't wait to see it!

Bob

siv
09-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Pictures up! I still need to tweak the neck adjustment.. I'm getting a bit of buzz, but don't want to raise the action too much or loosen the truss rod off tons. More minor tweaking! I'm going to compare it side by side with the atom today, and i'd guess that it'll be a bit more piano like - resonant like crazy and clear tones with a bit less of the mid range punch (and a nice full low end..)

pluto
09-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Sweet! I love the look and feel of rosewood necks. I still regret selling my cobra s with rosewood neck. :( cant wait to hear your tone report!

tmihm
09-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Congrats siv...beautiful guitar.

Mine is very piano-like, and without a doubt - the most incredibly built guitar I've ever owned, including any of the PRS' or TAG's I currently own, or have owned in the past. It just breathes when you play it - the whole thing vibrates. Always wondered what mine would sound like with M's, but I'm not changing a thing. :p

Here's to many years of happiness with that beast!!!!

Terry

kirkham13
09-16-2011, 08:09 AM
That is gorgeous-really nice glossy finish on the rosewood. Hopefully within a week the neck will settle into a perfect setup. :rolleyes: Its amazing how much newly shipped guitar necks change in the first handful of days-

uburoibob
09-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Wow, that is just gorgeous! Congratulations. What are the rest of the specs on it? Neck size, frets, etc.

Bob

gibson5413
09-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Gorgeous! Three really great looking T's posted on the forum today. This looks awesome!

siv
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks! I'm really loving it! Here are the full specs:

Model - Hollow T Classic
Body Finish - Natural
Body Wood - Rosewood Top on Alder for HTC
Neck Wood - Rosewood, Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Gloss Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Low-Rise
Back Shape - Even Taper Oversized .030 inch
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Non-Tremolo Fixed Bridge
Pickguard - Black
Pickups - M1 TM2
Switching - 5 Way for HxH with Kickback Switch
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments - BFTS

strat56
09-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Beautiful guitar, M pickups are great.

Pietro
09-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Very cool... btw... I think I have the same couch in my Family room.

GuitArtMan
09-22-2011, 12:36 AM
I like it!

siv
09-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys! I've had the chance to play it live now and compare it side by side to my atom. A few thoughts:

I love it. The M pickups are brilliant - they sound just like tom describes them, giant single coils. The kickback is really usefull, having a 5 way on this thing and being able to split the middle position is awesome.

The guitar itself sounds great. Not quite as mid-heavy (or sweet) as the atom, but it isn't overly bright or dark either. I suppose it's a bit darker than other tele's I've played, but I really don't mind that. The way the notes bloom and sustain is really nice too - I'm not sure if it's the rosewood or the hollow, but it sounds like it's just a tiny bit compressed and you get a bit of extra sustain from it. There's still lots of good attack though, so it cuts really well. I see that Anderson has done more rosewood tele's lately with chocolate maple necks - I wonder how that would change the tone of it.

I also have to say - every time I play my atom I wonder why more people don't love them. It's not a les paul, but it's really nice and punchy and sits so well (doesn't weigh a ton and stays in tune!) Tom, are there many orders coming in for atoms anymore or have they pretty much dropped off now that you're selling the bulldog?

tom
09-22-2011, 10:31 AM
we still see hollow atoms with bigsbys semi regularly. that's another great iteration of the atom. but for the most part the bulldog gets a lot more attention.

Pietro
09-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Well, I think I like the control layout of the Atom way more...

tom
09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
i agree, but the masses have spoken.

siv
09-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Tom, thanks for doing what's better in spite of (or as well as) what the masses want. A hollow atom with bigsby and 3 m's sounds like a lot of fun!

uburoibob
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
I will say that if the Atom were offered with a Vintage Trem, that would have been something very attractive to me and had I found one, I'd have bought it.

But seeing that it wasn't an option, it's the Bulldog with the Vintage Trem that I went for. I knew my next Anderson had to have that Trem and almost went for a Tele with one. But when I saw that Bulldog, my heart skipped a beat (and my wallet skipped a lotta bills). It happened to have exactly the look I love - flame-wise, color-wise, etc.

It's coming tomorrow... can barely control my excitement...

Bob