PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day, Sage Classic GOTW for sale.

andersonguy
06-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Hi Guys,
I hate to do this but I have fallen on difficult financial times. I am forced to let my baby go.
Up for grabs is the awesome Guitar of the week for May 9th,

specs:

Model - Classic
Body Finish - Sage Green Metallic
Body Wood - Alder
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Madagascar Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Gloss Headstock, Tinted, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 5/8 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape - .785 to .930
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Pickguard - Aged White
Pickups - M1 M1 M2
Switching - 5 Way, Mini Bridge Split, Add-Bridge Push/Pull VV on 5 split
Strings - .009-.046 Elixir strings

She is new, not like new. Perfect. I am in some serious financial trouble, closed my business and have to let it go, it sucks but if I want to keep my roof over my families head, I have to do it. I'd rather it goes to a member, dont want to put it up on evil-bay.
Im looking for 2K, split shipping. Email me with questions.

richardchristner@aol.com

Thanks!

AG

killerburst
06-18-2004, 08:34 PM
I wish I was in a position to help you out. Hope things get better for you fast.

Gary F.
06-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Ditto. Things will take a turn for the better, AG. Bet on it.

Gary

michaelomiya
06-19-2004, 11:44 PM
richard, we're all pulling for ya. best of luck. hang tough!:(

andersonguy
06-20-2004, 11:43 PM
This forum is unlike anything I have ever known, Thanks guys. I have made peace with my decision and know there are better times on the horizon. I appreciate the kind words and thoughts.
What is it about Anderson players anyway? What a great bunch of people.:)

AG

Stan Malinowski
06-21-2004, 06:05 AM
AG,

Sorry to hear about your situation, I know how much this Anderson meant to you. But taking care of the family is the first priority. Keep the faith and keep moving forward, everything will work out.

Best Wishes,
SMM

tmihm
06-23-2004, 04:59 AM
AG...I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulty. Things will get better for you guys. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I wish I could help you out with the sale, but I'm not really in the position.

The VERY best of luck!!!!!

Terry

andersonguy
06-23-2004, 07:46 PM
:) :( Sold!
Thanks all for the good wishes, sold my great guitar and now I can keep my car and pay a few bills. Tough trade off and unexpected, but I have my other Andies to keep me company.
All I can say is "I'll Be Back" :D

AG

pcbb
06-24-2004, 01:44 AM
I'm sure you will be AG. Hang in there and best of luck.

dpeterson
06-24-2004, 03:51 PM
thought i'd link to a picture for everyone...

http://www.andersonguitars.com/images/guitarImages/05,07,2004_08-34-51.jpg

Dave

tom
06-24-2004, 05:28 PM
so who got it?

andersonguy
06-24-2004, 07:00 PM
It sold to a guy named Lee in the UK, from the HRI forum. Hi is a very nice guy and appropiately excited to be getting it. I know he will be happy. This is his first Andy. Maybe we'll be seeing him here soon. It shipped today. That was a cool guitar.

AG

Lee Delaney
06-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Guilty as charged. This is my first post here.

I ended up here after oggling the GOTW and reading the rest of the Anderson site. I am fortunate to have had such a sterling seller as AndersonGuy.

This will actually be my 3rd Anderson - the other 2 were new purchased, and hailed from mid-early 90s being DTClassics w/floyds. I became an expert on the Anderson pick-up range at the time, and for a long while they were my perfect guitars.

I now concentrate on strat-types by other manufacturers for no other reason than where my travels took me, who I met and was influenced by. I primarily use a s/s/s set-up through a CAE OD-100 for a meatly clean and very mid dominated rhythm sound.
I use 3 pick ups with the same wind (no hot bridge) and a dedicated tone on the bridge.

the spec of the 'Sage' guitar is what got me typing so fast to secure it - I like a 1 5/8" nut and a meatier profile than the Anderson Standard shape. I will be interested to see if I can cope without a bridge tone, but if I really like the new M pick-ups (the write-ups have been tremendous) I can perhaps see me getting a new guard for 3 M1s and a 3 knob set-up - all speculation of course.

PS the other manufacturers' names are irrelevant, but are the usual suspects in the high-end strat market. I have to say the build quality of the Andersons is consistently flawless, and by far the best. This has remained with me and kept me returning to the Anderson site to marvel at the beatutiful guitars on show.

The old brochure still provides me with a happy read before bed. Ah, the sad life of a tone fiend...:D

tom
06-25-2004, 06:18 PM
welcome. i think you will be the first with the mini's in the uk. no, i lied, oscar did put them in his previously soapbar loaded cobra. yours will certainly be the first classic since it is the first classic with mini's anywhere. that was a lot of words for nothing, it must be friday. i'd love to hear your take on them.

Lee Delaney
06-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Thankyou Tom, it has been too long a gap without an Anderson guitar in the stable. I will take my time and let it speak to me, then express my thoughts.

nickdahl
06-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Nice to see you here, Cap'n Lee! That's a lovely guitar.

Nick