PDA

View Full Version : Soloway Swan

Pietro
05-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I traded an amp for one of these. It arrives Wednesday or Thursday.

Anybody tried these? I'm totally intrigued. Had to give it a go.

I'll post pics if anybody is interested.

strat56
05-23-2011, 07:14 PM
I am very much interested. The 27" scale makes me think, with my stubby fingers, that the reach might be too much for me, would love to play one at some point but have never seen one in person.

tom
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
jim is a great guy, and longer scale guitars can be real fun. some things are more challenging for reaching, but with the stretch comes nice bass clarity. that's enough longer that you could tune it a little lower with regular strings or put some big boys on there and tune it even lower. i've got a long acoustic that i tune to C# and it sounds giant but not bass like.

Pietro
05-23-2011, 11:06 PM
that's enough longer that you could tune it a little lower with regular strings or put some big boys on there and tune it even lower. i've got a long acoustic that i tune to C# and it sounds giant but not bass like.

That is one thing I'm thinking of trying with it.

I'm going to just mess with it for a while first, though.

I'll keep ya posted...

But don't worry... it won't replace that C+2 in my heart.

tmihm
05-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Pietro, I've checked those out on TGP - Jim is a member and contributes a good bit there. They look beautiful, but I've never had the opportunity to play one - and was kinda afraid to just buy one if that long scale would be too much. I have smaller hands, whether or not that would matter.

Pietro
05-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Pietro, I've checked those out on TGP - Jim is a member and contributes a good bit there. They look beautiful, but I've never had the opportunity to play one - and was kinda afraid to just buy one if that long scale would be too much. I have smaller hands, whether or not that would matter.

Well, I've been intrigued by them (probably a lot because of TGP), and it was a straight trade, so didn't cost me money. Just something I wasn't using anyway.

Worst case: I can't get along with it. It'll be easy to trade for something else. They are, by all accounts, GREAT guitars. I'm into "odd". Always have been, so it may suit me really well.

tmihm
05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Hope ya love it. Make sure to post some pics and a tone report! :)

Pietro
05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Will do. Tomorrow or Thursday or something.