PDA

View Full Version : The Strap button Question?

John Price
10-14-2003, 07:06 PM
OK!! Here's the question!

What strap button do you use?
The top or the bottom?

For me it's the top one, I guess it just feels a little more comfortable with my Cobra!

I just had to ask! :D

JoeB63
10-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Bottom. But both seem to work equally well on my Classic and my Cobra.

I guess I find the balance is slightly better using the bottom one.

tom
10-15-2003, 12:37 PM
bottom, balance is better on t shaped guitars.

pluto
10-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Top one. I'm not sure why, but I just use the top one.

LeonC
10-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Before dinner: top.

After dinner: bottom.

:D

Tom Gross
10-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Bottom button.
I had a teacher once who made me wear my guitar up high.

MapleGuitar
10-18-2003, 09:00 AM
I use both buttons simultaneously - the TA straps work well for this.

I would certainly prefer if Tom would just put ONE strap button on his guitars. To me, neither the top or bottom button balances correctly when used by itself.

I think TA installs two buttons so you can sit the guitar on the floor and lean it against a wall, or amp. But, how many guys who pay the price for a TA guitar can't afford a decent stand?

tom
10-18-2003, 10:31 PM
i don't use a stand, it's just one more thing to carry. the bottom button will make the guitar feel more body heavy. we are happy to put only one button on a any guitar we build, you just have to ask.

Ted Witcher
10-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Now you tell me...

tom
10-30-2003, 09:33 PM
we do lots of things we don't list. you just have to ask. the worst we can do is say no. well, we might laugh a little...but probably not.

pluto
10-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by tom
we do lots of things we don't list. you just have to ask. the worst we can do is say no. well, we might laugh a little...but probably not.

I'm sure you guys were laughing really hard when I asked about putting a maple neck/fretboard on a cobra!

tom
10-31-2003, 05:42 PM
if it was a maple fingerboard on a mahogany neck we may have laughed a little. remember those awful les paul customs in the late seventies with maple fret boards? if it was a solid maple neck, we do hear that every once in a while. i made one for myself and it just didn't sound like a cobra.

pluto
10-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by tom
if it was a maple fingerboard on a mahogany neck we may have laughed a little. remember those awful les paul customs in the late seventies with maple fret boards? if it was a solid maple neck, we do hear that every once in a while. i made one for myself and it just didn't sound like a cobra.

I had asked for a solid maple neck but I think you guys said that you wouldn't do that for a cobra. That's good though-at least I know you guys didn't laugh too hard! Anyway-I'm glad you guys didn't make the solid maple neck for my guitar-I like rosewood fretboards much better.