PDA

View Full Version : Idear

kirkham13
05-21-2011, 06:17 AM
I was reading a lot of the old threads, obviously have too much free time.. and noticed that the most repeated concern for people in the market, whether they be new or repeat buyers, was that they got the correct neck and frets to suit their needs. I thought it would be genious if TA could take a few twisted or otherwise unusable necks and assemble a pack that could be sent out for the cost of roundtrip shipping. The package could contain the six most obvious choices classic, +30, medium, roundback, sm V LgV. These necks could also exhibit the various fret sizes, as well as wood choices in necks/fretboards. Ie, the classic regular neckshape could have large frets and an indian board, as thats the most common mix. The 60s with medium frets and all maple. And throw in a chocolate and a rosewood to round it out, as well as pau ferro and african/madagascar boards on some. What do you think? I would be the first to get the test package of course, and would happily pay the rt shipping. ;)

tom
05-21-2011, 10:07 AM
If the strings aren't on it, it feels way different. It will feel smaller and it is surprisingly hard to hold s neck in space off a body and get a real feel for it. Especially if what you're comparing to is strung up on your guitar.

Pietro
05-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, then, simple... make a 5-neck guitar! Like one of these.

http://www.edroman.com/featured/images/Kra_5neck_150.jpg

how much would that be to ship around?... okay... never mind...

kirkham13
05-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Oh well- I have lots of ideas btw- its the carrying them out that is the difficulty!:)

tom
05-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Keep'em comin'!

GDane1
05-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I'd love to see a TAG type 'road show' where maybe 1-2X a year forum members/ area dealers get together and bring their TA guitars for all to try/feel/see/play. Locations would have to be determined by dealers/forum members locations to try and keep travel distances as equal as possible for all. Certainly wouldn't be convenient for everyone to get to, but I'd be willing to drive quite a long way if I knew there would be multiple different tags to check out. With enough notice work/time schedules could be opened up. Almost like a "guitar vacation". May also help dealers to get their stock in players hands and help them to know better which specs we like for their orders.

Just letting my mind wander . . . . . .