PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you guys to get your guitars?

Chris Lieder
04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
So I've been told that my guitar will be sent to me some time in June... In your experiences, what exactly does that look like? Beginning, middle, or the end of the month you were expecting it? Or maybe even sooner than you were expecting it? ;) I'm trying to do some planning to have supporting gear available when the guitar comes. And I'm also really excited about it and would like to be able to count they days. How many weeks/days before the guitar is available for shipping is the buyer contacted to let them know the guitar is close to being ready or is ready?

dannopelli
04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Depends upon where you live. Takes about five to six BUSINESS days from shipping to receiving from West Coast to East Coast. So if it ships on a Monday from CA, figure the following Monday/Tuesday it will be in a store in MA or FL.

kevin h
04-14-2011, 07:50 PM
i ordered my guitar with the specs i wanted and it took about 3 months. this was back in 2009.

tom
04-14-2011, 08:08 PM
we're not often early, but it does happen. we're usually pretty close to given dates. every once in a while a neck will fail in production or we'll have a finish problem that can delay things. we have a guitar that is trying so hard to not leave us right now but i think we're finally there. i believe your c+2 is scheduled for closer to the end of the month.

entraind
04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Tom, How's the Gelb Schmongrel with the tort Pickguard doing?
I got their last May slot so I'm starting to get a bit of a spring in my step in anticipation ":)

Chris Lieder
04-14-2011, 11:45 PM
we're not often early, but it does happen. we're usually pretty close to given dates. every once in a while a neck will fail in production or we'll have a finish problem that can delay things. we have a guitar that is trying so hard to not leave us right now but i think we're finally there. i believe your c+2 is scheduled for closer to the end of the month.

Thanks Tom. I can imagine Murphy likes to show up to give his two cents every once in a while. As an engineer, I have been well acquainted with Murphy in my days. It is nice to know at least a rough estimate about when in the month it may be done. But if Murphy shows up, I won't hold it against you guys! :)

tom
04-15-2011, 10:34 AM
ah, yes that famous uninvited guest. murphy has been known to visit at very inconvenient times.
the schmongrel looks like mid may. it is in finish now.

entraind
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the update Tom!!!

Pietro
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Mine was in stock at a major music store.

It took me 24 hours to receive it.

Sorry...

I guess I'm just not picky, but it was exactly what I wanted, color, string choice, everything.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z209/Pietro_gtr/PetersCrowdy.jpg

The only thing I didn't like was that there wasn't a second pickup option... but... fast forward 3 and a half years and...

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z209/Pietro_gtr/Crowdster_plus_2_with_Dr_Z.jpg

It was harder waiting the two or three weeks it took to send that out to be modded and get back to me...