PDA

View Full Version : Got Acoustic?

velcro-fly
06-14-2004, 11:55 AM
A few years back I got turned on to David Lindley and went on a full blown acoustic music tweak...Didn't touch an electric for the better part of a year and a half...a few years later now all I'm playing is my electrics after rediscovering Marshalls....Here are the fruits of that tweak:

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v80/speedmonkey1/Got_Acoustic.jpg

Highlights are the 1932 Martin 0-17 in the middle, the 1928 Schierson hollow neck lap slide, and the small instruments built by Kevin Jones - former B.C. Rich luthier, now working for Collings, the Takeya Ukulele on the left is a Kasha instrument, the Tar next to the Martin is micro-tonal...couple of unfinished projects in the back too including my first shot at building an acoustic instrument, and a Wiessenborn Kona Style 4 replica built by Dobro - pre Gibson....

Anybody else got bitten by the acoustic bug?

Steve E

Stys
06-14-2004, 04:22 PM
I did. Along with my Crowdster, Larrivee and Breedlove, I find myself craving a Larrivee L-05 with a cutaway. Recently, I started playing mandolin. I record many acoustic fingerstyle instrumentals. In addition, I'm making an attempt to learn Celtic style. Fun stuff!!

sonsop
06-15-2004, 12:26 PM
I dig strumming chords on the family’s Gibson J45. It’s actually my wife’s guitar but I love using it. I have a Martin D28 that’s a strident and might picker but, today anyway, I prefer the smoky inflection of the J45, especially for playing blues.

Acoustic are such a different beast than electrics and it’s a thrill to hear killer players cut loose on them.

Stan Malinowski
06-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately I have become electrified. The latest inventory shows 17 electrics and only my Martin D-18 to represent the acoustic world.

Very nice collection velcro!

pluto
06-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Steve, cool pics. I've never really got into acoustics-have one that sits in the closet that really belongs to my wife and one that is stored at my parent's house since my father gave it to me. Other than that, the closest I get to playing acoustic is the acoustic sim on my Digitech modeler. Some of the guitars in the pic have some funky shapes.