PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Amplifiers

jness
06-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Just in case you're wanting a matching Anderson amp to go with your Anderson guitar...

I checked out some Anderson Amplifiers (no relation to TA) and they are great!

Several different configurations and they all sounded great.

Jack the owner hand builds all of them himself and they look and sound really sweet! Jack is a really nice down to earth guy too.

FYI Tom, he's got an 18 watter that might be exactly what you're looking for.

Check out the site-

www.andersonamps.com

They have some sound bites there too.

Enjoy!

tom
06-11-2004, 03:10 PM
couldn't resist, i emailed him today. great prices, cool look. hope i can try one.

bruce
06-12-2004, 01:53 AM
Looks interesting... Sound clips sound promising. Have you played these amps Joe?

jness
06-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Hey B-Nel,

I hung out at Jack's booth at our local guitar show and listened to several guys play through the different amps with different guitars and they all sounded great.

They did not have any lefty axes at the show (big surprise) although I did noodle around with some hendrix (Hey Joe) on a righty strat that was there.

Nice warmth with a really musical foundation. Everyone that played them was really digging them.

Hope all is well B-Nel!

bruce
06-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey J-Ness.

Every ting is aright! I'm hoping Tom is able to sample one... They are very affordable at the same time. Thanks for the heads up.

How cool would that be to have a guitar AND and amp with your name on it? If anyone knows of an amp called a "NELSON" please let me know.

Later Joe.... By the way... where you goin with that gun in yer hand?

sylvanshine
06-12-2004, 06:21 PM
So would the half stack be a Half Nelson? :p

Stan Malinowski
06-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Perhaps Anderson Amplifiers is setting iteself up for a takeover by Anderson Guitars:D

tom
06-16-2004, 03:49 PM
i assure you my hands and head are full up with guitars. amps are something i enjoy playing, but do not care to get too deep into the "why" of how they sound.