PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from B'ham, AL

Briggs
01-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Greetings all! I've been lurking for a while, only made a couple of posts, just bought a new (to me) Crowdster, and figured I'd introduce myself and tell a funny story. I'm Bobby, a worship leader in Birmingham, AL. I just got a Crowdster before Christmas that belonged at one point to a forum member here (mojocaster). I was leading worship at a retreat this weekend with just the Crowdster and a Fishman SA220 (aka fishstick). A guy came up to me after one of the sessions and asked what pedal I was using to get such a rich acoustic tone....all I had was my tuner pedal :) Thanks Tom for making such fantastic sounding,easy playing instruments!

tom
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
cool story. i have not forgotten about your retro fit, will get you the info after the namm show this week.
looking forward to hearing the fishstick this week at the show.

Briggs
01-10-2011, 09:55 PM
No worries Tom, y'all have a great time at NAMM! Can't wait to see some of the pics and news coming out of the show.

enr1co
01-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Welcome Briggs!

Which Crowdy did you get from Mojo- the gorgeous quilty blue one?

Briggs
01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
That would be the one. I remember seeing these pics (http://mojocaster.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guitpics&action=display&thread=94) on mojo's site a year or so ago and thought blueburst on quilt maple was it for me. I never thought I'd end up with that exact guitar! I always was a sucker for blue guitars. (all picture credit goes to mojocaster!)

ClayCromer
01-20-2011, 09:13 AM
That's a wonderful looking guitar! Congrats and welcome to the forum. We recently moved to NOLA, where I'm "plugged in" playing the C+2 at church. I know you will enjoy your axe.

Briggs
01-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks Clay, I am thoroughly enjoying the Crowdy. The tone and playability are amazing and I still can't get over the sustain this guitar has!

JWALKER
02-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Hello,
I am in Hattiesburg, MS, about five hours from BHAM. Congrats on your guitar.

Pietro
02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
4-year member of the crowdster club here with a belated welcome!

dplight
02-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Welcome! I have a C++ that looks a lot like yours except for the extra pickups. Amazing guitars they are.

Briggs
02-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks dplight, I must admit, I drooled over your +2 before too. There's just something about blue quilt...