PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing an Aiken Tomcat?

ToneLounge
06-08-2004, 10:34 PM
I've played them at NAMM, and think it may be my next amp... If you do have one, what cab(s) and speakers are you using?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

pluto
06-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Tonelounge, I haven't played a tomcat (sorry!), but there are tons of guys on the gearpage forum who own it. Just go to www.thegearpage.net and do a search and you'll find a lot of tomcat related topics.

LeonC
06-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I've got one and I just love it. It skyrocketed up to the top of my heap right away. It's perfect for my band. We do an eclectic but relatively hard-edged mix of so-called "classic rock" from lighter stuff by Fleetwood Mac and Linda Ronstadt to Boston, Journey, Guns n Roses. This little 12W monster can easily cover all this ground. Beautiful..and I mean GORGEOUS cleans. Transparently cascades into warm overdrive. Which in turn becomes extremely aggressive, tricked-out-Plexi type gain when you get the vol up above 2:00 or so. The attenuator works extremely well too. I've got a review at harmony-central and theGearPage.net. Clips accessible via link to my gear page in my signature below.