PDA

View Full Version : Would You Ever Consider....

Stan Malinowski
10-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Relicing an Anderson? Crazy question but would you ever consider taking a Classic or Classic T and beating it up like a Time Machine Fender?

I recently picked up a used Fender Relic Strat and found it to be quite a good guitar. One of my buddies made an interesting (and true) observation.....I play much harder and more aggressive on the Relic than on my Andersons. It's sort of a cool feeling to realize you can do things to a Relic with causing (any more) damage to the guitar!

John Price
10-07-2003, 07:13 PM
I would love to!
I'm a sucker for any old strat that has been worn out!

HMMM!!!!!!

Rockerbob
10-08-2003, 09:44 AM
Well, I think the relics are kind of a joke, no offence. I think it a cool joke, but a joke none the less. If you want a relic, buy a new guitar and play the hell out of it for 20 years or so. :)

JoeB63
10-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Personally, I think you need to have a Nitro finish to make a Relic work.

Scratches and dents on a poly finish are just scratches and dents.

pluto
10-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Never. I'm one of those kinds of guys that cry when I get a ding on my guitar even if there are already dings there. The first Anderson I ever bought was a used but mint condition Hollow T that I managed to ding up constantly. My wife always says dings and scratches give guitars character-I personally can't stand it.

LeonC
10-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Sure, and when I'm done you'll find me painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa and a beard and glasses on Michaelangelo's David.