PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding my Bulldog

SCman
09-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Last weekend I was gigging with my new Bulldog (which I just love) and when I switched up to select the neck pup, I didn't get any sound. I had to finish the rest of the night with just the bridge pup.

The next day I plugged her in and all was fine. It worked for a while and then stopped again. It's now working but I'm wondering if someone has experienced this before. Seems like an intermittent problem.

Thanks!

tom
09-28-2010, 10:10 AM
that stinks. i had the exact thing happen to me a month or so ago. i have seen those switches do that if they get a little debris in them. if it happens again, give the switch 10 seconds of rapid fire back and forthing. if that doesn't do it, spraying with d oxit 5 is the next thing. if that doesn't do it, we could have a bad pickup but they usually don't go back and forth.
mine has been fine ever since the first failure.

Pietro
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
It happened to my Crowdster Plus one night, and then it stopped and never again. Yes, Tom, I think it was probably some little piece of something. Until it happens again, I'm not going to worry.

It helps, I suspect, if you play the guitar a lot... so do that. ;)

SCman
10-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the advice Tom! I sprayed some Deoxit into the switch and it seems fine now. Hopefully that did the trick!

that stinks. i had the exact thing happen to me a month or so ago. i have seen those switches do that if they get a little debris in them. if it happens again, give the switch 10 seconds of rapid fire back and forthing. if that doesn't do it, spraying with d oxit 5 is the next thing. if that doesn't do it, we could have a bad pickup but they usually don't go back and forth.
mine has been fine ever since the first failure.