PDA

View Full Version : Went to the World Guitar Congress

Gary F.
06-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Heading home after the first day of the World Guitar Congress in Baltimore last night, I wasn't sure whether i wanted to play my guitar today or simply not touch it for a while. I met Pat Martino on an elavator ride and also had the privilege of meeting Les Paul. But more memorable still, is the high from seeing Eric Johnson, John Scofield and Ralph Towner all perform in one day. There was so much GREAT guitar playing yesterday, it is mind boggling in hindsight. I'll attend again Monday, when Albert Lee, Johnny Hiland, Tony Rice, LA Guitar Quartet, Allan Holdsworth and Martin Taylor either perform, give clinics or offer classroom sized symposiums. There is SO MUCH AMAZING guitar music and talent to be enjoyed if we allow ourselves to be exposed to it. I feel blessed to have had the occasion right here in my hometown.

andersonguy
06-04-2004, 09:32 PM
You are a lucky man!
That sounds like a great time, especially for someone who appreciates great tone/playing like yourself. :)

AG

Gary F.
06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
AG-

PM me your mailing address. I copped an extra program guide which I'd be happy to send to you, if you're interested.

Gary