PDA

View Full Version : Do you know how to wire this?

monterosso
09-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Do you know how to wire this switch? It used to be a simple switch there but it broke and i got dpdt switch instead how to wire this>?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/monterosso/DSC_0028.jpg

tom
09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
would be helpful to know what the other one looked like.

Rhys
09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
If those two scraggly wires to the right of the switch were the only things attached to the old switch, I'd try this:

If the DPDT lugs are

[1] [2] [3]

[4] [5] [6]

Connect one wire to 2 and the other to 3. (Lots of other combinations might work too, but that should do it.)

If there were more than 2 wires attached to the old switch, we'll need some more information. If the old switch were momentary that could be a problem too, but it shouldn't hurt anything to try lugs 2 and 3...

dplight
09-10-2010, 12:19 PM
If those two scraggly wires to the right of the switch were the only things attached to the old switch, I'd try this:

If the DPDT lugs are

[1] [2] [3]

[4] [5] [6]

Connect one wire to 2 and the other to 3. (Lots of other combinations might work too, but that should do it.)

If there were more than 2 wires attached to the old switch, we'll need some more information. If the old switch were momentary that could be a problem too, but it shouldn't hurt anything to try lugs 2 and 3...

That should work fine if it's a on/off type thing. If after you do this it works backwards (switch positions are backwards from what you expect) then connect to 1 and 2 instead of 2 and 3. Also, pins 4, 5, and 6 work the same as pins 1, 2, and 3.

If the switch is like most DPDT switches then in one position pins 2 and 3 are connected and pins 5 and 6 are connected. In the other position pins 2 and 1 are connected and pins 5 and 4 are connected. At no time do pins 1,2,3 connect to 4,5,6.

monterosso
09-12-2010, 05:43 AM
The old switch looked like carling type used in wahwahs!