PDA

View Full Version : Godin Multiac- Godin A6 Ultra - Taylor T5

JWALKER
08-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Has anyone ever had a Godin Multiac Spectrum, or a Godin A6 Ultra, or a Taylor T5 electric-acoustic guitar. These guitars seem to offer an interesting take on just owning a acoustic guitar. I wonder how these sound without amplification, as it is pretty well documented what they can do with various amps or PA set-ups. If you had one of these, do you still have it, or did you not really like the guitar? The Godin's are not that bad price wise, but the Taylor is pretty pricey. Personally, I like the concept of an electric-acoustic guitar as these play more like an electric inthe neck and fret-board radius. I just do not know how they sound acoustically?

Pietro
08-30-2010, 06:21 PM
I've played, but not owned, most of that stuff.

The T5 I found not very useful for anything and bought a Crowdster Plus (now Crowdster Plus 2) instead. It's very quiet unplugged.

I've owned 3 Godins and totally adored them. The "solid body" acoustic Godins sound particularly good unplugged, as they have a series of holes in the upper bout by the controls that projects the sound right to you. They are a great design.

I would probably never own one of those again since getting my Crowdster, but if I had to buy one, it would be the Godin.