PDA

View Full Version : CrowdY Magic

Devin
05-30-2004, 06:44 PM
I just wanted to follow up on my new Crowdster that I purchased from Jack at Magdon. Wow!

I had a chance earlier this week to plug it in at church through the PA and I was impressed, but I was just playing alone, and just testing the tone against my Taylor. The Taylor has such fine tone and I played it awhile, then plugged in the Crowdster. I wish I could say I was blown away by the awesome sound, but initatlly I was not. I was listening through a pair of monitors that we normally use for the vocalists, and I thought the Crowdy sounded OK, but I was not in love.

Later in the session I went back to the mixer and plugged it in direct and listened and liked it a bit more thorugh the house PA speakers - it sounded nice and lush...

But today - today was different. I play at church (I use my Taylor), but I am also in a progressive Christian rock band doing original music. I got together with the band today, and for the first time unwrapped the Crowdster. You know - it is an awesome looking guitar, so they were impressed, asked some questions and then wanted to hear it. I plugged it into the PA at the studio and - WOW! It sounded great! We jammed for awhile and even put together a couple new progressions that we will record tonight (rough draft) so we can expand upon these ideas at a later date.

The guys loved the sound of the Crowster, and so do I. I cranked it up and the sound was pure and clean, sparkling, shimmering! For the first time I was out in front of the bass and drums with a crystal clean acoustic sound. This is a great guitar... My thanks to Tom Anderson, the guys at TAG, and Jack Gretz at Magdon. This one is for keeps!

- Devin

getgo
05-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Now, If you really want to blow your mind, Get a pendulum SPS-1 pre-amp for it and you will never touch the taylor again. I found one on e-bay and you can expect to pay about $700 to $850 and they are well worth the money. Absolutely the best acoustic guitar pre-amp made! I did try to get my Taylors to sound as good with the SPS-1 but the Crowdy just whooped em'!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying it. Now join with me,

We Want A 12 String Crowdster!!

Did I mention we want a 12 string Crowdy?? Please don't make me buy one of those Turner 12 strings! :(

SteveK
05-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Congrats! Agreed! I took mine to a jam tonight and was seriously blown away(again) of the sound of this guitar straight to the PA. These Crowdsters are REALLY UNIQUE beasts! :D

I wouldn't mind a 12 string version either.....:eek: ;)

Devin
05-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by getgo
Now join with me,

Did I mention we want a 12 string Crowdy??

12 String Crowdster... Hummmm, that would be awesome... I would encourage Tom Anderson to investigate that idea fully! That would be a wonderful instrument! I better start saving my GAS money... ;)

- Devin