PDA

View Full Version : How Many People Have Opted For The Piezo Option?

Stan Malinowski
10-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Curious to see how many of us have gone for the Fishman Powerbridge Option. I use the Fishman on my Classic thru a PODxt, what do other people plug the piezo into?

John Price
10-07-2003, 07:26 PM
I have a Hollow Drop Top coming in soon and ordered it with the Piezo Bridge so i will let you know more when I get it!
I'm hoping to use the fishman power blend pedal with it!

:cool:

pluto
10-07-2003, 08:09 PM
I have the fishmans installed in two Cobras. I've used them from the power blend pedal direct to board on two occasions. They're okay. In all honesty, I'd rather just plug in to a little Korg PX4, use the acoustic simulator and go direct with the pickup switch on the fourth position, push/pull knob up. Through headphones, it sounds pretty realistic.

LeonC
10-18-2003, 11:00 PM
I have the LR Baggs piezo bridges, preamps in both my TAs. L-O-V-E them!! I run them into an SWR Cali Blonde.

pluto
10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
I may have to change my mind about the Fishman. I hadn't used it for over a year but I decided to use it at church yesterday. Generally, I thought the tone was pretty good. At first I couldn't hear myself because I was standing way too close to the piano, we weren't using monitors, and the soundperson had guitar levels super low. Eventually, he raised the instrument levels up a notch and I thought the tone was a little thinner than the acoustic guitar that someone else was playing. But it wasn't overly metallic and super thin as I previously thought. I want to plug it in to a SIB Fatdrive to see if I can get a warmer, fuller tone out of it.

tom
10-20-2003, 08:01 PM
what are you running the fishman into to get to the house. if you are using a pasive di, the extra cable length will kill the piezo. it really ought to get buffered after 20 feet of cable. you could use the fat boost, but i really like something that is geared for an instrument with a wider band width. i still like the fishman powerblend pedal for over all ease of use. the baggs para di has all the eq you would ever need. keep in mind that you are hearing little electric strings driving the piezo's, not big tight acoustic strings. the crowdster has a distincly bigger sound but it won't do elecric at the same time. sorry for the commercial. tom

pluto
10-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by tom
what are you running the fishman into to get to the house. if you are using a pasive di, the extra cable length will kill the piezo. it really ought to get buffered after 20 feet of cable. you could use the fat boost, but i really like something that is geared for an instrument with a wider band width. i still like the fishman powerblend pedal for over all ease of use. the baggs para di has all the eq you would ever need. keep in mind that you are hearing little electric strings driving the piezo's, not big tight acoustic strings. the crowdster has a distincly bigger sound but it won't do elecric at the same time. sorry for the commercial. tom

Tom, I'm using the powerblend, xlr out/direct to board. I was thinking of putting a SIB Fatdrive in after the powerblend then to a direct box, then to board. Some people swear that the Fatdrive or even the Fulltone Fatboost will make any piezo sound better whether it's coming from an electric or acoustic guitar. I hadn't thought of the string gauge effect-that would have been to obvious to me!