PDA

View Full Version : Crowdster Plus 2 Questions

Kevin
07-01-2010, 08:51 AM
I ordered one yesterday from my local dealer so while Im waiting can you guys tell me about your set ups? What kind of A/B boxes you use etc..
This way when I take delivery in a few months I will be ready to roll.

I ordered mine with a flame maple top in Honeyburst with binding. Does anyone have some pics they can post? I really like the PRS McCartyburst and the Anderson Honeyburst seemed pretty close. Show me some pics ! Thanks !

dplight
07-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm ordering a Crowdster +2 as soon as I can finalize what finish I want. I'm already thinking about building an splitter, A/B, on/off... type box that will let me run the acoustic and electric pickups to their respective amps and allow for switching between other guitars also. I would like the electric amp to be able to switch between my normal electric guitar (TAG HDT) and the Crowdster. The acoustic amp most often will need to switch between the Godin A12 and the Crowdster acoustic side. When playing the Crowdster I would also want to be able to turn on/off the acoustic or electric pickups independently via footswitch. Coming up with a box design is not a problem. I was wondering what kind of stereo cable is available for running from the Crowdster to the box? Normal microphone cable would work, but is not optiminzed for high Z signals. Is there any shielded pair cabling that is recommended for use with the Crowdster?

tom
07-01-2010, 10:19 AM
others can chime in about their experience with different cable. i spoke with mark at lava the other day and he said most get his gepco x band cable. it's reasonably priced. if you're going to build a box you can just get a trs cable at both ends and save the Y splice.

dplight
07-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks Tom, I was planning on going with 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS and making the cable myself. I've used Gepco products before. Good stuff.

Pietro
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I have a whole article I wrote on how I do my two-voice thing with my Crowdster Plus 2. It's in my signature below. Bottom line: See if you can SOMEHOW mix your own elec/acous mix and send that to the house, otherwise the sound guy WILL hose your sound.

Here's my beauty. In Autumn Burst.

And yes, I use a Lava TRS to two TS cable.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z209/Pietro_gtr/Crowdster_plus_2_with_Dr_Z.jpg

dplight
07-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks Pietro for the link. I took a quick look at the article and will do a close read of it tomorrow.

Feinberger
07-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Well I am getting my Crowdster Plus 2 hopefully in the next two weeks. Right now I am using the Axe-FX Ultra. It has two inputs so one will be acoustic and one will be electric. As for a cable.....I know I am crazy but I like my wireless setup too much. I am just going to buy another Line 6 Relay G50 and make a custom Y cable TRS to two TA4F jacks. It will be awesome. I really like my Axe-FX it sounds great I can have different amps for different songs on the fly and a ton of effects. So I use a liquid-foot Jr. midi controller to turn on or off my acoustic or electric. It will be a sweet setup, I am excited.

Pietro
07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
feinberger,

That is going to be a GREAT setup.

I'm not a wireless fan, but you go boy!

Feinberger
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
feinberger,

That is going to be a GREAT setup.

I'm not a wireless fan, but you go boy!

I really want to test it out first to see how much I would use it, but this weekend for 4th of July I have a 20% off to Guitar Center and a $10 gift card that expired at the end of July. So $310 for another wireless system would be pretty good. Tempting.....