PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Pickups

Casper
06-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Hey guys,
I have a Cobra with H1 and H3

I'm not crazy about the H3 for this guitar. I have not been liking position 3-5 much as compared to 1&2. Pos#3 seems too bright and spanky, #4 isn't as articulate, #5 is great for lead work, but I rarely use it. Pickups are adjusted properly too.
I wonder if the H2+ might sound a little less bright and more focused in pos# 3-5? (how it would split or sound with the H1) I wonder if it might be a better match for the oldies/pop/funk stuff Im doing?
Thanks
Shaun

pipedwho
06-16-2010, 10:56 PM
The H2+ is a little brighter than the H3, but still has the wide frequency band of the H series humbuckers and does a great crunchy rock tone - very nice IMO for heavier styles of rock.

The HF2 is a great option for that old style mid thick guitar tone. The HO2 is similar and a good choice if you prefer something less 'sparkly' than the HF2.

Pietro
06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
I have an H2+ in my hollow cobra. Love it.

A buddy has an H3 in a Cobra S (solid). Not so much. It's great if you're always doing gain-ey sounds, though.

Casper
06-17-2010, 09:35 AM
I agree Pietro, if I were doing straight rock stuff, its killer, but I love the H2+ in my Classic..it may split better too.