PDA

View Full Version : My First Drop Top Video

gibson5413
06-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I decided to finally make a vid of the Anderson Drop Top/Fortin Cali mod for you guys. You can tell I'm not used to talking to or being in front a camera (ugly mug). Hopefully you can get the core tone from the clip despite the fact that You Tube compresses the heck out of it. Funny how you freeze up when the camera is on you. Didn't know what to play so I just started wanking around. The clip was recorded at higher television volume (you can hear my guitar acoustically). I used the boost a couple of times but the clip should give you an idea of the tone in the room.

All I can say is thank you to Tom Anderson and Mike Fortin! I love the amp and the guitar has quickly become my favorite with just a small amount of bonding time.

Sorry it's kind of lame but hope you like the inherent tones here since I wasn't warmed up at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeebxmcyQv4

markus
06-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Very nice!!! Great tone and I dig on the Petrucci references!!! Way cool!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

michaelomiya
06-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Great tones - we welcome all HIGH gain lovers along with their respective Andersons!!

Tommy M
06-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Great tone, I love the whole rig. Is that a closed back cabinet?

gibson5413
06-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Let me first say that I am most likely not your typical Anderson guitar player. I am a rocker at heart and will always be that way. I will try to add some clips of the Drop Top's versatility in a week or two. I have been getting some killer split humbucker blues tones.

Very nice!!! Great tone and I dig on the Petrucci references!!! Way cool!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks! Great combination but I must say that the amp sounds twice as good with the Drop Top over my other guitars. So much that I ordered a Classic last week. I actually just sold an Ernie Ball Music Man Petrucci because it was so one-note in terms of versatility.That one-note was great but it is so nice to have a guitar that has several notes that all sound fantastic.

Great tones - we welcome all HIGH gain lovers along with their respective Andersons!!

Here here!

Great tone, I love the whole rig. Is that a closed back cabinet?

Thanks! Yes it is an oversized 2x12 that is closed back loaded with V30s. Sounds big (more so that a typical 2x12).