PDA

View Full Version : New, Bigger, Small Amp - Bambino Grande

bud
05-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I know there are some Bambino fans here. Grande gets more watts (20/10 2x 6v6), digital verb, switchable series/parallel loop and loses the direct/head phone out.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=707575

guitarzan
05-19-2010, 09:37 AM
That thing looks great. I loved the Bambino but really wanted an fx loop. This puts the Bambino back in the running.

mgibson
05-28-2010, 07:12 PM
They're now offering the original Bambino with an effects loop as a $50 option. I'm sorely tempted.

tom
05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
i'm sending my bambino in next week to get the loop installed. now to make a junction box with a switch to make the pedalboard switchable between all pedals in a line or m9 out to a loop. when i do this does anyone know if i can use a common ground or do any of the jacks need to be lifted? it's only mono so only one amp.

Rob C.
05-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Tom: What exactly are you looking to do?

tom
05-29-2010, 02:38 PM
want to make a junction box for the board with a switch on it to either have the m9 in the chain or have it exit to go to the loop on the amp. looks like i can do it with a 3pdt switch, just wondered if ground had to be isolated anywhere because of the loop.

guitarzan
05-29-2010, 04:17 PM
want to make a junction box for the board with a switch on it to either have the m9 in the chain or have it exit to go to the loop on the amp. looks like i can do it with a 3pdt switch, just wondered if ground had to be isolated anywhere because of the loop.

Swerd helped me make a junction box like this once. It had 4 jacks on the back of it and if I plugged anything into the center 2 jacks, they worked as a send and return. Otherwise, they would defeat everything would be inline from the two outside jacks (#1 and #4).

tom
05-29-2010, 05:39 PM
i think this will be just a little more complicated since i have something after the delay. but not too much.

Ray K.
05-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Tom, my best guess is that you will not need to isolate the ground since you are running through the same amp. I would also imagine the impedance would be the same for the input and the FX loop. I haven't seen a schematic, but unless they (Reason) are doing something out of the ordinary with their FX loop, I really don't think a ground loop would be an issue.

Good luck,
Ray K.