PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Richmond TA Players

Casper
05-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Shameless plug: Hey fellow richmond TA players, my band Casper just added this Sunday Night (memorial day weekend) at Visions in the Holiday Inn Koger Center on Midlothian tnpk. If y'all ain't doing nothing come on out and say Hi. Both of my TAs will be there and will be used. It would be interesting to get some feedback on my sounds (and how much my soundman buries me in the mix...
If you do plan to come out, let me know and I'll put you on the guest list, otherwise its $6.00 at the door.

Hope to meet some of youse guys. If you miss the date, we just added a few more public shows for the summer, maybe I'll see ya then..
Shaun
http://www.casperband.com

dannopelli
05-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Shamless...

BTW, did I mention we are doing the Watermelon Festival?

Casper
05-24-2004, 12:49 PM
When is that gig?

dannopelli
05-24-2004, 12:52 PM
I HAVE NO IDEA! JULY? AUGUST?

I know we are taking June off to work on new material for the Therochelle band. And Hudson Street is taking June and July off as the singer is in Europe for those two months.

I just show up where they tell me to. Plug and and play!

:D :D :D

Casper
05-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Let me know. I have been meaning to get over and check you out at Bogarts. Is that still going on?Hows the new axe doing?
I got to drop by RMC this afternoon, my Classic is getting a new nut and a quick adjustment or two.....

dannopelli
05-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Bogarts ends tomorrow. I believe we are doing a few festival thingys in June and July, which may be more convenient for you and the other Richmond chappies! I'll let you know as they come up.

Casper
05-24-2004, 01:06 PM
The festivals will work better, I am slammed this week, got to learn some jazz tunes for this swanky wedding we're playing Saturday. Keep me posted. Would love to get together with you sometime and pick your brain and steal some licks...

dannopelli
05-24-2004, 01:08 PM
What do you need to learn? I have all three Real Books and all kinds of other stuff. As you know I do a jazz gig with Husdson Street. Maybe I can swing by and get you through quicker?

dannopelli
05-24-2004, 01:10 PM
http://hatbox.lib.virginia.edu/text/gtrchord/

Check this out. It will help with all those wierd jazz chords. I use it a lot to develop passing chord thingys.

Dan

BrownDog
05-24-2004, 01:20 PM
...but I watched the video - smokin'. One heck of a dance/pary band, very cool! Or as is said on the promo video, great music, great fun.

With tone and oneness, Mike

Casper
05-24-2004, 01:25 PM
I suck at jazz. We have about 10 or so tunes we have to pull out at a wedding or corporate gig once in a while, mostly standards
"Misty", Girl from Ipanema"...stuff like that.
Its not this band's strong suit, we don't swing well, but we can pull off enough to get through the gig. This is mostly just brush up with a few new ones to learn vocally for me.
I am working through This Masquerade by Benson right now, I have a chart, but I need to memorize it since we can't use stands on stage. Its a lot of minor-major stuff with some b5's (which I really suck at). I'll make it. Thats a really cool site, thank you! I wish I had internet at home.
We'll have to make an afternoon of it soon and just get together and jam. I just got to poke a hole in my schedule. Thanks for the offer bro.

dannopelli
05-24-2004, 01:30 PM
No Problem,

Just rememeber I have all three Real Books. So the songs you listed I have. Plus HUNDREDS of others. I can scan then email to you. Also, I use Jamey Aebersold Book/CD lesson books. Great tools to learn Jazz. Most of the poular standards I have in that format too, so I can lend that stuff to you if you need.

BTW This Masquerade is a tough one. I used to know it years ago. GOOD LUCK!